Patient Comments: Creatinine Blood Test - Normal Levels

Were your creatinine blood test results higher than normal levels? If so, what was the diagnosis and what action was taken to lower the creatinine levels?

Comment from: indigo, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 22

I have had tinnitus for over ten years, it drives me crazy! I have tried everything to make it stop. I went to the ear doctor, had my hearing checked, but nothing worked or helped. I take medication to relax and medicines to help me sleep. I keep a fan on in my room or soft music playing to help with the nonstop ringing. My daughter just got over having pneumonia and developed tinnitus while she was sick. Her doctor told her to use Flonase and any kind of antihistamine once in the morning. It must be Flonase because it contains a steroid. I woke this morning feeling much better and I will continue to use it daily as I have found it to have helped enough to give me hope. Good luck to all the sufferers, it is an awful feeling.

Comment from: Gig, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: March 10

My gastritis started with a normal case of indigestion but it wouldn't/didn't go away. At the same time I started having middle back pain that really curtailed activity. After a week it started to wake me up at night; burning, fiery pain that one time went away with a strong pain reliever, but the pink stuff didn't touch it. Eating is not at all interesting to me and I've lost five pounds in a week. That part's not bad!

Comment from: Statinized, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 08

My case of shingles started 3 weeks ago. I had severe red-hot pain down the back of my left buttock and leg but no blisters or sores. This could be because I had the shingles vaccine in April 2014. A different deep, intermittent, pinched-nerve type pain started nearby in my buttock last week, and now I'm using a cane to keep it from flaring. My doctor didn't prescribe an anti-viral since he thought my case would be mild. No painkiller has been effective. Now I have neuropathy in the area too and I hope it goes away with the more severe pain.

Comment from: Taylor, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 03

I have had injections for pain in the legs initiating from damage to vertebrae, after some years. I now get severe pain in the left groin which is there all the time causing me disturbed sleep, numbness and tingling. I also have type 2 diabetes but this is under control, but I am worried that I have peripheral neuropathy.

Comment from: MDH, 65-74 Male (Caregiver) Published: January 27

He has congestive heart failure and needs a diuretic. He had to change to a new diuretic as he was allergic to Lasix. His most recent blood test shows a creatinine level of 1.75 mg/dl. They took him down to diuretic 5 times a week instead of daily.

Comment from: shanti lM, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: May 25

I am a diabetic patient. I had to check the creatinine and it is 1.8 mg percent.

Comment from: Sassy, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 18

My mom is the curer of sties in our family. She uses her gold wedding ring. Says a small prayer while rubbing the ring over the sty and within minutes it is usually gone; the bad ones you need to use a hot tea bag. If using a ring it has to be a blessed wedding ring.

Creatinine Blood Test - Results Question: Why did your healthcare professional want to check your creatinine levels?
Creatinine Blood Level - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with high or low creatinine blood levels.
Creatinine Blood Test - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with elevated blood creatinine levels?