Patient Comments: Creatinine Blood Test - Normal Levels

Were your creatinine blood test results higher than normal levels? If so, what was the diagnosis and what action was taken to lower the creatinine levels?

Comment from: tigerlily, 7-12 Male (Caregiver) Published: May 23

I use an ACE knee band that has Velcro strap and a hard center and put it on tight and sometimes it takes a couple of times using it. But when my bursitis flares up I can barely walk, until I have used the strap for a while. I also had the side of the foot broke the same side the knee pain is.

Comment from: PeruGuy, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: October 25

Having traveled extensively around the world, I've seen two distinct ways people defecate. In India, Bangladesh, Africa, the Middle East, the Orient and small towns in the French countryside, I've seen toilets that look like ashtrays imbedded in the floor. 0ne must squat with feet on the ridges aiming at the hole below, forcing one into a deep squat or hunker. But with pants below the knees, it creates a risk of a dude's wallet in the back pocket falling into the nastiness. But without an option, one can easily adapt. I never had hemorrhoids until age 63 when I retired in Peru, where we have the conventional indoor throne. The hemorrhoids have persisted for ten years against all medical attempts short of surgery, until recently when I came across a Facebook post telling me to squat instead of sit. So I tried it. The hemorrhoids seem to be going away. For tons more information, Google 'squat vs sit.'

Comment from: barbie, 75 or over (Patient) Published: October 10

I was a lucky person but very close to be paralyzed with cauda equina syndrome. I had gotten hurt on my job in my spine. I was operated on twice, then I had severe pain in my groin, legs, buttocks, etc. I was not able to move. My doctor saved my life. I still have a great deal of pain and now again the fear of a relapse. What I can say to all those who have any spine pain, please do not wait, get help. This article was great. I believe that you have to search for the best doctors. I have my days like today, severe pain on the one side, and unable to move. I am now going to see my doctor again. I am on morphine for pain with patches, and that helps a bit. I am very tired of having to deal with this for years due to an injury on my job. My problem started 10 years ago. Wish you all well, please do not wait to see a doctor, good luck.

Comment from: Paul, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 14

I did have a removal of my prostate in February 2016. I had a biopsy which showed 5 out 12 areas cancerous. Out of the five areas one was at a high range of 7 and the other 4 were less than 6 (Gleason rating). The doctor suggested surgery after other tests he did showed no cancer spread. I had CT, bone scan and lung x-ray. PSA was 9 something. It has been 6 months since operation but I am still having urine leaking problems and of course erection problems. I guess I at this point wonder if other treatment options should have been looked at in my case but was kind of scared to wait by the information I received from doctor on the things that could result from not taking surgery. So far no PSR detected but that would be if he removed a healthy prostate. I am sitting here wondering.

Comment from: Cookie, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 18

It started with short bursts of severe pain on the left side of my face 6 years ago. Family doctor immediately diagnosed it as trigeminal neuralgia (TN). He took MRI of my face and brain and ruled out anything else. Medications were way too strong so I dealt with a couple of attacks a year. Last year it came back more painful and more frequent. I went for acupuncture; no pain for 8 months but don't know if I can contribute the painless months to acupuncture or the normal break time for the TN. It is back now with a vengeance. I am on 1800 mg of Neurontin a day, and still with attacks once a week. The hospital won't respond to me. I am going to another hospital to get surgery. The doctor saw an artery lying on the nerve. He'll put a disc between the 2 to stop the pain. I am scared but can't live with the pain and not knowing when it will strike.

Creatinine Blood Test - Results Question: Why did your healthcare professional want to check your creatinine levels?
Creatinine Blood Level - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with high or low creatinine blood levels.
Creatinine Blood Test - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with elevated blood creatinine levels?