Patient Comments: Creatinine Blood Test - Normal Levels

Were your creatinine blood test results higher than normal levels? If so, what was the diagnosis and what action was taken to lower the creatinine levels?

Comment from: Brenda, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: October 29

I was playing bush bocce and threw the ball overhand. I felt an immediate sharp pain in my right shoulder. I am right handed. I had dull pain on and off for several weeks. However after a month the pain became severe, 8 out of 10. I had trouble sleeping. The pain radiated from my shoulder down my arm into my biceps and at times in the shoulder wing area of my back. I've been to the chiropractor several times over the past 2 months with minimal short term relief. Today I went to my general physician and had x-rays. I will be starting physiotherapy this week.

Comment from: No mo bloats!, 55-64 Female Published: October 15

I had chronic abdominal bloating and cramps, and tingling in fingers arms. Doctor arranged for me to have my potassium levels checked, and it showed that I was indeed low in potassium. For three weeks, I stopped taking a diuretic plus ate 2 bananas a day. I will have another check this week to ensure potassium level is back to normal.

Comment from: shelrod49, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 27

My creatinine level was elevated due to taking arthritis medication. My doctor discontinued the medication. I also cannot take Advil or Aleve. I had no symptoms of elevated creatinine. This was discovered during a routine yearly exam.

Comment from: dw, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: January 06

I started taking a monohydrate creatine supplement to help my workout. I had a recent blood test and the doctor said to quit the supplement as levels were too high. I've since stopped as I certainly don't want to create a health problem. People say studies indicate no danger with supplement but I'm dubious.

Comment from: Zumba, 13-18 Female (Caregiver) Published: November 30

My 17 year old son has CK (creatine phosphokinase) level that is between 350000 and 950000 6 days in a row, and he's been getting IV fluids and glucose just added in the fluid yesterday to help in healing the muscle. He was diagnosed with rhabdomyolysis, with coffee color urine when we got to the emergency room and red wine color urine after several bags of IV fluid.

Comment from: gmthelen, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: October 27

I have a creatinine level of 123, but no action is taken yet.

Comment from: Creatinine Blood Tes, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: October 27

Since last three months my creatinine increased gradually. Now I have 1.6 ml. As per medical lab, maximum for normal is 1.5 ml.

Comment from: dikky, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

I had suffered from tuberculosis 2 years back and I had taken medicine in the 1st stage and it was cured. Recently I checked with x-ray, and doctor told one mark is there.

Comment from: Dutchess, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: August 22

My creatinine is showing 1.1, the range should be 0.5 - 0.9. I have high cholesterol, HDL 41, and triglycerides 318. He put me on Lipitor. Not good numbers.

Creatinine Blood Test - Results Question: Why did your healthcare professional want to check your creatinine levels?
Creatinine Blood Level - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with high or low creatinine blood levels.
Creatinine Blood Test - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with elevated blood creatinine levels?