Patient Comments: Creatinine Blood Test - Normal Levels

Were your creatinine blood test results higher than normal levels? If so, what was the diagnosis and what action was taken to lower the creatinine levels?

Comment from: shelrod49, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 27

My creatinine level was elevated due to taking arthritis medication. My doctor discontinued the medication. I also cannot take Advil or Aleve. I had no symptoms of elevated creatinine. This was discovered during a routine yearly exam.

Comment from: dw, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: January 06

I started taking a monohydrate creatine supplement to help my workout. I had a recent blood test and the doctor said to quit the supplement as levels were too high. I've since stopped as I certainly don't want to create a health problem. People say studies indicate no danger with supplement but I'm dubious.

Comment from: Zumba, 13-18 Female (Caregiver) Published: November 30

My 17 year old son has CK (creatine phosphokinase) level that is between 350000 and 950000 6 days in a row, and he's been getting IV fluids and glucose just added in the fluid yesterday to help in healing the muscle. He was diagnosed with rhabdomyolysis, with coffee color urine when we got to the emergency room and red wine color urine after several bags of IV fluid.

Comment from: Dutchess, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: August 22

My creatinine is showing 1.1, the range should be 0.5 - 0.9. I have high cholesterol, HDL 41, and triglycerides 318. He put me on Lipitor. Not good numbers.

Comment from: Tomdor, 75 or over Female (Caregiver) Published: April 11

My mother"s creatinine levels were 3.7, up from 3.0 last year. The doctor said she has kidney failure and probably will only live for 3 to 6 months. She is not a candidate for dialysis.

Comment from: gg, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 02

My creatinine level was 21.3 ratio and 3.7 g/dl.

Comment from: Alicia, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: May 01

I found a lump in my right breast about a month ago, and I am due in for my ultrasound tomorrow. I have just found out my granddad and his sister both had lumpectomies. I am starting to panic now about breast cancer with what I have just found out. I haven't mentioned the lumpectomy to the doctor yet as I have just found out.

Comment from: angela, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 24

I have recently been diagnosed with CKD GFR37 and creatinine level 125.

Comment from: german, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 18

My creatinine test result is 1.23 and BUN is 26. I wonder if this can be lowered by medicine, exercise and reducing A1c. I have type 2 diabetes.

Creatinine Blood Test - Results Question: Why did your healthcare professional want to check your creatinine levels?
Creatinine Blood Level - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with high or low creatinine blood levels.
Creatinine Blood Test - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with elevated blood creatinine levels?