Patient Comments: Creatinine Blood Test - Normal Levels

Were your creatinine blood test results higher than normal levels? If so, what was the diagnosis and what action was taken to lower the creatinine levels?

Comment from: Tomdor, 75 or over Female (Caregiver) Published: April 11

My mother"s creatinine levels were 3.7, up from 3.0 last year. The doctor said she has kidney failure and probably will only live for 3 to 6 months. She is not a candidate for dialysis.

Comment from: angelmamma, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 25

About a year and a half ago I had kidney failure. My symptoms were overwhelming tiredness, throwing up for six months, my hair started falling out, and I had trouble walking. At the time I was unaware of the kidney problem. One day while at work my foot began to hurt, as the day went on, it got worse and worse. By lunch time I had to leave work, it hurt so badly. I went straight to the doctor's office. The doctor diagnosed it as gout. I had never had this before. Then she said I need to see a kidney doctor as I was in kidney failure. Within the next few days I went to the kidney doctor. After the examination he said I had lost 25% of my kidney usage and I never would get that back. While having this discussion, we discovered that Aleve is what had caused my problem. Taken over a long period of time this can happen. I was not aware of that, but now I am. I believe my gout came from the kidney problems. I take Uloric every day. I had gout 12 times in a two month period. Until I started taking the Uloric, I got no relief. As my kidneys got better and the Uloric kicked in I stopped having gout. Last time I was at the kidney doctor's office, my creatine went up a little more.

Comment from: ranger6a, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: October 15

Last Friday I had an appointment with a nephrologist who indicated that creatinine level jumped from 1.7 to 4.5 in a short time. He advised admission immediately to the hospital where tests indicated kidney injury and multiple myeloma. After 24 hours the number dropped to 3.5 and I was allowed to go home. The diagnosis seemed to infer that taking Avapro was the culprit.

Comment from: Night Nurse, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 07

I had chronic renal failure, and my first transplant lasted 13 years. I had a second transplant eight months ago after I was told that I could not have peritoneal dialysis again. Today I was told that my creatinine was high from 159umol/l to 185umol/l. I wonder what caused the raised creatinine. I am not feeling ill.

Comment from: Tee, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 27

My creatinine level was 109 and I have not exercised in 6 months. I drink an average of 2 liters of water a day. In the last three weeks I have been very tired and short of breath. And I wake up every morning with my back on the right side (area between the ribs and the hip) hurting me. The doctor told me it is nothing to worry about but I am not so sure.

Comment from: suskobe, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: May 30

My creatinine level was 1.9 last time I visited with my primary doctor.

Comment from: TODI, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: March 26

Actions taken were to lower my Prograf levels to 7 - 10, drink more fluids, watch my sugar intake and exercise.

Comment from: AJ, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 19

My results were 342.3 mg/dl. The paperwork says 0.0 mg/dl to 300.00mg/dl is normal.

Creatinine Blood Test - Results Question: Why did your health care professional want to check your creatinine levels?
Creatinine Blood Level - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with high or low creatinine blood levels.