Patient Comments: Creatinine Blood Test - Normal Levels

Were your creatinine blood test results higher than normal levels? If so, what was the diagnosis and what action was taken to lower the creatinine levels?

Comment from: yenyen, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: October 22

I'm 24 years old and my creatinine is 2.3. After 1 week it's already 2.9. My doctor said that I have a kidney failure; he gave me some maintenance medicine to lower my triglycerides and cholesterol. Now my BP is 90/70 before it was 130/90.

Comment from: Trisha, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 20

My symptoms were loss of appetite and dizziness upon standing. I was taken to the emergency room at this point and blood was taken and they said I was in acute kidney failure with creatinine level at 4.9 and BUN of 45. I was quite shocked as I really didn't feel that sick. The doctor is pretty sure I will have a full recovery.

Comment from: Joy, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: August 08

My recent creatinine blood test show 1.99 Highest I've ever had. I had a lung transplant and take Tacrolimus.

Comment from: kay, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: August 08

My creatinine level in march of 2013 was 1.31. Checked agin in June it was 1.12. I have solitary kidney and do not know how to lower it. I drinks lots of water, 8 8oz glasses a day. Thank you.

Comment from: Dick, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: June 20

My last blood test [6/10/13] indicated a CK low level, 24. My cholesterol is 148, my triclycerides is 147. hdl 39. I walk 2 miles a day and exercise 7 days a week. I weigh 175 and I am 5 ft 9. I eat most of the time healthy.

Comment from: booboo, 75 or over Male (Caregiver) Published: May 31

My husband's creatinine was 8.2.

Comment from: whozitsdad, 35-44 Male (Caregiver) Published: May 29

At 42, my wife was diagnosed with SLE in 1998. In 2006 she was diagnosed with grade IV lupus nephritis. Hypertension has plagued her for the past year and a half. A few weeks ago, she experienced some reactive airway distress, prompting a visit to the ER. Within hours she landed in the ICU. She has been intubated and ventilated until a week ago. She was moved from ICU to the telemetry floor two days ago. She is alert yet very confused and has trouble carrying on a conversation. She is very tired, but physical therapists are working with her to limber up. I learned tonight that her creatinine was 2.2, which shocked me, as I was assured her kidney function was fine. So, of course, I worry now that her kidneys are worse. I'm very concerned. She receives Rituxan every six months.

Comment from: caldera, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: April 10

My latest creatinine blood test levels were at 1.7. My doctor told me to start with insulin next month, as I am a diabetic patient.

Comment from: janar, 25-34 Male (Caregiver) Published: March 28

My friend's creatinine is 1.3. I am wondering what this means and if we should get additional medical check-ups.

Comment from: kyle, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: March 15

My creatinine results were 1.72. What does this mean?

Creatinine Blood Test - Results Question: Why did your healthcare professional want to check your creatinine levels?
Creatinine Blood Level - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with high or low creatinine blood levels.
Creatinine Blood Test - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with elevated blood creatinine levels?