Patient Comments: Creatinine Blood Test - Normal Levels

Were your creatinine blood test results higher than normal levels? If so, what was the diagnosis and what action was taken to lower the creatinine levels?

Comment from: 75 or over (Caregiver) Published: October 22

My father was admitted in a hospital for heart problem. He underwent angiogram. There were 3 blocks and 4 stents were put in. Since they have done this process, now the creatinine level is slowly increasing; from 1.2 it went to 2.2 then to 3.2 then 3.7 then 4.1 then 4.2 then 4.2 and today it is in 4.6. Due to this he had breathing trouble and he had an injection for this and he is ok now and in CCU (coronary care unit). The doctor is in two minds now whether to go for dialysis now for this purpose to reduce the creatinine level or to wait one or 2 days to naturally settle down the level.

Comment from: joeirish72, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: May 09

I just checked on my blood level creatinine level from last August 2011 it was 4.22. Saw my Urologist yesterday and he said there was nothing to report of a "spot" they saw from an earlier Ultrasound, and he wants to have another Ultrasound done in August 2012. I have had multiple gout attacks for the past 4 years and I believe my leg aches and gout episodes are caused by the failing right kidney. The doctor said that there is no connection between kidney function and gout. I totally disagree. The kidneys are supposed to rid the body of the urea acid which causes the gout. Am taking daily a pill of Colchicine to relieve gout aches. Entire toes joints on right foot are half numb always.

Comment from: Johngoin, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 22

I got 2 ticks off the back of my neck. I didn't pay it any mind, ticks were a normal part of summer or so I thought. I worked out of town with this sickness for 2 weeks before I got in to see the doctor. I thought I had the flu or that my blood pressure had gone through the roof, I felt like my head was going to explode. I lost all of my balance and I had gotten slurred speech and was sweating like I was inside a solid heater. I thought I was going to die. Well, now after the treatment for Rocky Mountain spotted fever I cannot be in direct sunlight. It feels like my brain is swelling up in my skull, I start slurring my speech and am ready to pass out. It makes me sick for days if I get too hot. A migraine headache can't touch what it does to me. So obviously I didn't seek treatment soon enough. Now I cannot work because of this and hopefully Social Security Disability office will see what it's done to me and take it for what it is. A deadly disease that could kill or at times wish you did die. Yes it is that bad.

Comment from: oddie, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: February 23

Palpitations last for weeks and wear me out.

Comment from: Paulsgal916, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 17

I just got my blood results back from my 3 month blood work. My creatinine number was a 1.13.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 11

My doctor has ordered basic metabolic panel on me twice. Both times my creatinine levels came back high.

Comment from: Creatinine Blood Tes, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: October 27

Since last three months my creatinine increased gradually. Now I have 1.6 ml. As per medical lab, maximum for normal is 1.5 ml.

Comment from: dikky, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

I had suffered from tuberculosis 2 years back and I had taken medicine in the 1st stage and it was cured. Recently I checked with x-ray, and doctor told one mark is there.

Creatinine Blood Test - Results Question: Why did your healthcare professional want to check your creatinine levels?
Creatinine Blood Level - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with high or low creatinine blood levels.
Creatinine Blood Test - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with elevated blood creatinine levels?