Patient Comments: Creatinine Blood Test - Normal Levels

Were your creatinine blood test results higher than normal levels? If so, what was the diagnosis and what action was taken to lower the creatinine levels?

Comment from: vincie, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: July 15

Kidney doctor says, my creatinine level 3 result indicates using 15% of kidney.

Comment from: suskobe, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: May 30

My creatinine level was 1.9 last time I visited with my primary doctor.

Comment from: TODI, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: March 26

Actions taken were to lower my Prograf levels to 7 - 10, drink more fluids, watch my sugar intake and exercise.

Comment from: AJ, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 19

My results were 342.3 mg/dl. The paperwork says 0.0 mg/dl to 300.00mg/dl is normal.

Comment from: Raven, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 26

I had my blood drawn last week and got the results today. It says my creatinine level is 2.01. I don"t feel bad, in fact I think I am very healthy; even the doctor says I am in good health. I have an appointment to see him next week so it doesn"t seem to alarming since the appointment is next week.

Comment from: suzz12095, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 26

My creatinine level is 3.0 and my BUN level is 68. They go down and a little up sometimes. My doctor says it is okay for 3 stage kidney failure.

Comment from: yenyen, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: October 22

I'm 24 years old and my creatinine is 2.3. After 1 week it's already 2.9. My doctor said that I have a kidney failure; he gave me some maintenance medicine to lower my triglycerides and cholesterol. Now my BP is 90/70 before it was 130/90.

Comment from: Trisha, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 20

My symptoms were loss of appetite and dizziness upon standing. I was taken to the emergency room at this point and blood was taken and they said I was in acute kidney failure with creatinine level at 4.9 and BUN of 45. I was quite shocked as I really didn't feel that sick. The doctor is pretty sure I will have a full recovery.

Comment from: Joy, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: August 08

My recent creatinine blood test show 1.99 Highest I've ever had. I had a lung transplant and take Tacrolimus.

Comment from: kay, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: August 08

My creatinine level in march of 2013 was 1.31. Checked agin in June it was 1.12. I have solitary kidney and do not know how to lower it. I drinks lots of water, 8 8oz glasses a day. Thank you.

Comment from: Dick, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: June 20

My last blood test [6/10/13] indicated a CK low level, 24. My cholesterol is 148, my triclycerides is 147. hdl 39. I walk 2 miles a day and exercise 7 days a week. I weigh 175 and I am 5 ft 9. I eat most of the time healthy.

Creatinine Blood Test - Results Question: Why did your healthcare professional want to check your creatinine levels?
Creatinine Blood Level - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with high or low creatinine blood levels.
Creatinine Blood Test - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with elevated blood creatinine levels?