Patient Comments: Creatinine Blood Test - Normal Levels

Were your creatinine blood test results higher than normal levels? If so, what was the diagnosis and what action was taken to lower the creatinine levels?

Comment from: hao, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: February 06

I am 70 and have high blood pressure. I had a blood test that showed my creatinine to be at 1.13.

Comment from: concerned, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 31

Never heard of this before today. My results were 1.5.

Comment from: flo, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 03

I am 74 years old and I have had diabetes for 13 years as well as high blood pressure. My blood test for creatinine was 189. I want to know if that is high for kidney disease.

Comment from: joan, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: November 30

I am 77 years old and my blood creatinine was 96.

Comment from: 007.5, 35-44 Male (Caregiver) Published: November 26

I have been a diabetic for the last 8 years. I had a creatine test and the result was 0.52 mgm/dl on March 11th, 0.81 mgm/dl on November 11th, and 1.1 mgm/dl on November 12th. I am have a moderae habit of consuming alcohol twice a week (150 ml at a time). Now I am a bit concerned over the pattern of my increasing creatine. wheteh is it leading to a kidney failure ??

Comment from: Maria, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 24

I do a monthly blood test of everything and my creatinine has been A 44 for awhile. I know it's not good when it is too high, especially since I had kidney failure in 2008 but according to my doctor 44 is good.

Comment from: dadskid, 75 or over Male (Caregiver) Published: September 17

My father was an alcoholic with dementia and PKD. He went through alcohol detox in February at which time he entered into a care home with good meals, thymine, vitamins and Namenda for Alzheimer's. His creatine test in February was 2.1, May was 2.8, and July was 3.2. The doctor stopped his Lisinopril and increased another BP med. He is also taking Aten enol, Ativan and vitamins.

Comment from: maymay, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 23

I am a 59 year old woman with PKD and have had this chronic condition since 2007. Because of my condition my creatinine levels are never in the normal range. I recently was hospitalized for a UTI and dehydration, then my creatinine was 3.0 and it usually runs 2.3. For me 2.3 is good. I recently went for blood tests and found out my creatinine was slightly elevated at 2.76, which has me a little concerned, because I try and do the right thing, drink lots of water daily, watch my diet, but my only downfall is not enough exercise. I have to admit, I do feel good, and was very surprised that the levels went up a bit. I also have high blood pressure, but it is controlled by the pills I take.

Comment from: hasleyl, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 29

I am a 71 year old female in perfect health but twice in the last year the creatinine level in my blood tests was 1.23 so my PA wants me to go to a specialist. I smoked for 50 years, but stopped over a year ago and have had every test known to man and so far have no signs of anything wrong with me.

Creatinine Blood Test - Results Question: Why did your health care professional want to check your creatinine levels?
Creatinine Blood Level - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with high or low creatinine blood levels.