Patient Comments: Creatinine Blood Test - Normal Levels

Were your creatinine blood test results higher than normal levels? If so, what was the diagnosis and what action was taken to lower the creatinine levels?

Comment from: PJ, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 13

My creatinine is 361.5 mg/DL, albumin is 24.4 mg/L, and the ratio is 6.7 mg/G. My story I was given a couple of days to live as a toddler when my kidneys shut down and I became severely jaundiced. I spent months in the hospital but got through it. I had issues with my kidneys and bladder as a kid, often not being able to hold my bladder up until my teen years. While pregnant with both of my kids, I would have frequent 'accidents' the entire 3rd trimester. Now 38, I'm having severe flank pain, spongy kidneys, and calcifications in the medullary, starting to suffer from leg pains, blurred vision, and am often tired all day. I'm average height and weight, eat a moderately healthy diet, and exercise 3 days a week. I'm an ultrasound technician and do regular scans on myself, but I don't understand the levels of the creatinine and albumin.

Comment from: vincie, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: July 15

Kidney doctor says, my creatinine level 3 result indicates using 15% of kidney.

Comment from: suskobe, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: May 30

My creatinine level was 1.9 last time I visited with my primary doctor.

Comment from: TODI, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: March 26

Actions taken were to lower my Prograf levels to 7 - 10, drink more fluids, watch my sugar intake and exercise.

Comment from: AJ, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 19

My results were 342.3 mg/dl. The paperwork says 0.0 mg/dl to 300.00mg/dl is normal.

Comment from: Raven, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 26

I had my blood drawn last week and got the results today. It says my creatinine level is 2.01. I don"t feel bad, in fact I think I am very healthy; even the doctor says I am in good health. I have an appointment to see him next week so it doesn"t seem to alarming since the appointment is next week.

Comment from: suzz12095, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 26

My creatinine level is 3.0 and my BUN level is 68. They go down and a little up sometimes. My doctor says it is okay for 3 stage kidney failure.

Comment from: yenyen, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: October 22

I'm 24 years old and my creatinine is 2.3. After 1 week it's already 2.9. My doctor said that I have a kidney failure; he gave me some maintenance medicine to lower my triglycerides and cholesterol. Now my BP is 90/70 before it was 130/90.

Comment from: Trisha, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 20

My symptoms were loss of appetite and dizziness upon standing. I was taken to the emergency room at this point and blood was taken and they said I was in acute kidney failure with creatinine level at 4.9 and BUN of 45. I was quite shocked as I really didn't feel that sick. The doctor is pretty sure I will have a full recovery.

Comment from: Joy, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: August 08

My recent creatinine blood test show 1.99 Highest I've ever had. I had a lung transplant and take Tacrolimus.

Creatinine Blood Test - Results Question: Why did your healthcare professional want to check your creatinine levels?
Creatinine Blood Level - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with high or low creatinine blood levels.
Creatinine Blood Test - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with elevated blood creatinine levels?