Patient Comments: Creatinine Blood Test - Normal Levels

Were your creatinine blood test results higher than normal levels? If so, what was the diagnosis and what action was taken to lower the creatinine levels?

Comment from: joeirish72, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: May 09

I just checked on my blood level creatinine level from last August 2011 it was 4.22. Saw my Urologist yesterday and he said there was nothing to report of a "spot" they saw from an earlier Ultrasound, and he wants to have another Ultrasound done in August 2012. I have had multiple gout attacks for the past 4 years and I believe my leg aches and gout episodes are caused by the failing right kidney. The doctor said that there is no connection between kidney function and gout. I totally disagree. The kidneys are supposed to rid the body of the urea acid which causes the gout. Am taking daily a pill of Colchicine to relieve gout aches. Entire toes joints on right foot are half numb always.

Comment from: gg, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 02

My creatinine level was 21.3 ratio and 3.7 g/dl.

Comment from: Alicia, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: May 01

I found a lump in my right breast about a month ago, and I am due in for my ultrasound tomorrow. I have just found out my granddad and his sister both had lumpectomies. I am starting to panic now about breast cancer with what I have just found out. I haven't mentioned the lumpectomy to the doctor yet as I have just found out.

Comment from: angela, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 24

I have recently been diagnosed with CKD GFR37 and creatinine level 125.

Comment from: german, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 18

My creatinine test result is 1.23 and BUN is 26. I wonder if this can be lowered by medicine, exercise and reducing A1c. I have type 2 diabetes.

Comment from: Mintoy, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 18

I'm a cancer patient and need an MRI with contrast before a needed brain scan is performed. My creatinine levels were high during a prescreening blood test. Not sure what to do as this time.

Comment from: kidney stone, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: September 25

I went to the emergency room (ER) with a kidney stone and a few tests were done. My creatinine level was about 1.48 which is high, I didn't even know what that was. I've been doing some research, I'm going to see a doctor and to find out if it was due to the kidney stone.

Comment from: PJ, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 13

My creatinine is 361.5 mg/DL, albumin is 24.4 mg/L, and the ratio is 6.7 mg/G. My story I was given a couple of days to live as a toddler when my kidneys shut down and I became severely jaundiced. I spent months in the hospital but got through it. I had issues with my kidneys and bladder as a kid, often not being able to hold my bladder up until my teen years. While pregnant with both of my kids, I would have frequent 'accidents' the entire 3rd trimester. Now 38, I'm having severe flank pain, spongy kidneys, and calcifications in the medullary, starting to suffer from leg pains, blurred vision, and am often tired all day. I'm average height and weight, eat a moderately healthy diet, and exercise 3 days a week. I'm an ultrasound technician and do regular scans on myself, but I don't understand the levels of the creatinine and albumin.

Creatinine Blood Test - Results Question: Why did your healthcare professional want to check your creatinine levels?
Creatinine Blood Level - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with high or low creatinine blood levels.
Creatinine Blood Test - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with elevated blood creatinine levels?