Patient Comments: Creatinine Blood Test - Normal Levels

Were your creatinine blood test results higher than normal levels? If so, what was the diagnosis and what action was taken to lower the creatinine levels?

Comment from: whozitsdad, 35-44 Male (Caregiver) Published: May 29

At 42, my wife was diagnosed with SLE in 1998. In 2006 she was diagnosed with grade IV lupus nephritis. Hypertension has plagued her for the past year and a half. A few weeks ago, she experienced some reactive airway distress, prompting a visit to the ER. Within hours she landed in the ICU. She has been intubated and ventilated until a week ago. She was moved from ICU to the telemetry floor two days ago. She is alert yet very confused and has trouble carrying on a conversation. She is very tired, but physical therapists are working with her to limber up. I learned tonight that her creatinine was 2.2, which shocked me, as I was assured her kidney function was fine. So, of course, I worry now that her kidneys are worse. I'm very concerned. She receives Rituxan every six months.

Comment from: caldera, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: April 10

My latest creatinine blood test levels were at 1.7. My doctor told me to start with insulin next month, as I am a diabetic patient.

Comment from: janar, 25-34 Male (Caregiver) Published: March 28

My friend's creatinine is 1.3. I am wondering what this means and if we should get additional medical check-ups.

Comment from: kyle, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: March 15

My creatinine results were 1.72. What does this mean?

Comment from: concernfemale, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 06

My creatinne was 0.7, meaning my kidneys are working at 86cc/hr. I am a female, 59 yrs old, weight 120 lbs. 5'4".

Comment from: DH, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: March 06

I have had some recent blood tests done which all came back negative, however, my doctor said that my creatinine levels are currently 104 so she would like to do another test in 3 weeks time. She has informed me not to worry, however I feel until I have the next test done i will not be able to rest.

Comment from: Baby, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: February 07

Initially 252. But I had a very severe pain due to a kidney stone in my urinary track. I was prescribed a pain killer. After taking a few of the pain killer pills my blood test results showed my creatinine went up to 490. After a couple of days without the pain killers my blood test showed that my creatinine level was 384.

Comment from: hao, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: February 06

I am 70 and have high blood pressure. I had a blood test that showed my creatinine to be at 1.13.

Comment from: concerned, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 31

Never heard of this before today. My results were 1.5.

Comment from: flo, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 03

I am 74 years old and I have had diabetes for 13 years as well as high blood pressure. My blood test for creatinine was 189. I want to know if that is high for kidney disease.

Creatinine Blood Test - Results Question: Why did your health care professional want to check your creatinine levels?
Creatinine Blood Level - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with high or low creatinine blood levels.