Patient Comments: Creatinine Blood Test - Normal Levels

Were your creatinine blood test results higher than normal levels? If so, what was the diagnosis and what action was taken to lower the creatinine levels?

Comment from: oddie, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: February 23

Palpitations last for weeks and wear me out.

Comment from: Brenda, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: October 29

I was playing bush bocce and threw the ball overhand. I felt an immediate sharp pain in my right shoulder. I am right handed. I had dull pain on and off for several weeks. However after a month the pain became severe, 8 out of 10. I had trouble sleeping. The pain radiated from my shoulder down my arm into my biceps and at times in the shoulder wing area of my back. I've been to the chiropractor several times over the past 2 months with minimal short term relief. Today I went to my general physician and had x-rays. I will be starting physiotherapy this week.

Comment from: No mo bloats!, 55-64 Female Published: October 15

I had chronic abdominal bloating and cramps, and tingling in fingers arms. Doctor arranged for me to have my potassium levels checked, and it showed that I was indeed low in potassium. For three weeks, I stopped taking a diuretic plus ate 2 bananas a day. I will have another check this week to ensure potassium level is back to normal.

Comment from: shelrod49, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 27

My creatinine level was elevated due to taking arthritis medication. My doctor discontinued the medication. I also cannot take Advil or Aleve. I had no symptoms of elevated creatinine. This was discovered during a routine yearly exam.

Comment from: dw, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: January 06

I started taking a monohydrate creatine supplement to help my workout. I had a recent blood test and the doctor said to quit the supplement as levels were too high. I've since stopped as I certainly don't want to create a health problem. People say studies indicate no danger with supplement but I'm dubious.

Comment from: Zumba, 13-18 Female (Caregiver) Published: November 30

My 17 year old son has CK (creatine phosphokinase) level that is between 350000 and 950000 6 days in a row, and he's been getting IV fluids and glucose just added in the fluid yesterday to help in healing the muscle. He was diagnosed with rhabdomyolysis, with coffee color urine when we got to the emergency room and red wine color urine after several bags of IV fluid.

Comment from: Dutchess, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: August 22

My creatinine is showing 1.1, the range should be 0.5 - 0.9. I have high cholesterol, HDL 41, and triglycerides 318. He put me on Lipitor. Not good numbers.

Comment from: Tomdor, 75 or over Female (Caregiver) Published: April 11

My mother"s creatinine levels were 3.7, up from 3.0 last year. The doctor said she has kidney failure and probably will only live for 3 to 6 months. She is not a candidate for dialysis.

Comment from: angelmamma, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 25

About a year and a half ago I had kidney failure. My symptoms were overwhelming tiredness, throwing up for six months, my hair started falling out, and I had trouble walking. At the time I was unaware of the kidney problem. One day while at work my foot began to hurt, as the day went on, it got worse and worse. By lunch time I had to leave work, it hurt so badly. I went straight to the doctor's office. The doctor diagnosed it as gout. I had never had this before. Then she said I need to see a kidney doctor as I was in kidney failure. Within the next few days I went to the kidney doctor. After the examination he said I had lost 25% of my kidney usage and I never would get that back. While having this discussion, we discovered that Aleve is what had caused my problem. Taken over a long period of time this can happen. I was not aware of that, but now I am. I believe my gout came from the kidney problems. I take Uloric every day. I had gout 12 times in a two month period. Until I started taking the Uloric, I got no relief. As my kidneys got better and the Uloric kicked in I stopped having gout. Last time I was at the kidney doctor's office, my creatine went up a little more.

Creatinine Blood Test - Results Question: Why did your healthcare professional want to check your creatinine levels?
Creatinine Blood Level - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with high or low creatinine blood levels.
Creatinine Blood Test - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with elevated blood creatinine levels?