Patient Comments: Creatinine Blood Test - Normal Levels

Were your creatinine blood test results higher than normal levels? If so, what was the diagnosis and what action was taken to lower the creatinine levels?

Comment from: suzz12095, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 26

My creatinine level is 3.0 and my BUN level is 68. They go down and a little up sometimes. My doctor says it is okay for 3 stage kidney failure.

Comment from: joeirish72, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: May 09

I just checked on my blood level creatinine level from last August 2011 it was 4.22. Saw my Urologist yesterday and he said there was nothing to report of a "spot" they saw from an earlier Ultrasound, and he wants to have another Ultrasound done in August 2012. I have had multiple gout attacks for the past 4 years and I believe my leg aches and gout episodes are caused by the failing right kidney. The doctor said that there is no connection between kidney function and gout. I totally disagree. The kidneys are supposed to rid the body of the urea acid which causes the gout. Am taking daily a pill of Colchicine to relieve gout aches. Entire toes joints on right foot are half numb always.

Comment from: whatnow123, 55-64 Female Published: September 26

My Doctor just called and said that my Creatinine levels are high. My normal (Canadain) is 97, the medical normal is 170 and my levels are 617. He feels that this may have something to do with Crestor which I take for High Cholesterol. I am to go of the meds for 10 days and then be retested to see what happens. My symptoms are severe chronic hip, and leg pain. I also have kidney stones and medullary sponge kidneys. So I am a bit confused as he never said anything about kidney problems which are what I have read about here. A bit concerning.

Comment from: yenyen, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: October 22

I'm 24 years old and my creatinine is 2.3. After 1 week it's already 2.9. My doctor said that I have a kidney failure; he gave me some maintenance medicine to lower my triglycerides and cholesterol. Now my BP is 90/70 before it was 130/90.

Comment from: Trisha, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 20

My symptoms were loss of appetite and dizziness upon standing. I was taken to the emergency room at this point and blood was taken and they said I was in acute kidney failure with creatinine level at 4.9 and BUN of 45. I was quite shocked as I really didn't feel that sick. The doctor is pretty sure I will have a full recovery.

Comment from: Joy, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: August 08

My recent creatinine blood test show 1.99 Highest I've ever had. I had a lung transplant and take Tacrolimus.

Comment from: kay, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: August 08

My creatinine level in march of 2013 was 1.31. Checked agin in June it was 1.12. I have solitary kidney and do not know how to lower it. I drinks lots of water, 8 8oz glasses a day. Thank you.

Comment from: Dick, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: June 20

My last blood test [6/10/13] indicated a CK low level, 24. My cholesterol is 148, my triclycerides is 147. hdl 39. I walk 2 miles a day and exercise 7 days a week. I weigh 175 and I am 5 ft 9. I eat most of the time healthy.

Comment from: booboo, 75 or over Male (Caregiver) Published: May 31

My husband's creatinine was 8.2.

Creatinine Blood Test - Results Question: Why did your health care professional want to check your creatinine levels?
Creatinine Blood Level - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with high or low creatinine blood levels.