Patient Comments: Creatinine Blood Test - Normal Levels

Were your creatinine blood test results higher than normal levels? If so, what was the diagnosis and what action was taken to lower the creatinine levels?

Comment from: Zumba, 13-18 Female (Caregiver) Published: November 30

My 17 year old son has CK (creatine phosphokinase) level that is between 350000 and 950000 6 days in a row, and he's been getting IV fluids and glucose just added in the fluid yesterday to help in healing the muscle. He was diagnosed with rhabdomyolysis, with coffee color urine when we got to the emergency room and red wine color urine after several bags of IV fluid.

Comment from: Dutchess, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: August 22

My creatinine is showing 1.1, the range should be 0.5 - 0.9. I have high cholesterol, HDL 41, and triglycerides 318. He put me on Lipitor. Not good numbers.

Comment from: Tomdor, 75 or over Female (Caregiver) Published: April 11

My mother"s creatinine levels were 3.7, up from 3.0 last year. The doctor said she has kidney failure and probably will only live for 3 to 6 months. She is not a candidate for dialysis.

Comment from: angelmamma, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 25

About a year and a half ago I had kidney failure. My symptoms were overwhelming tiredness, throwing up for six months, my hair started falling out, and I had trouble walking. At the time I was unaware of the kidney problem. One day while at work my foot began to hurt, as the day went on, it got worse and worse. By lunch time I had to leave work, it hurt so badly. I went straight to the doctor's office. The doctor diagnosed it as gout. I had never had this before. Then she said I need to see a kidney doctor as I was in kidney failure. Within the next few days I went to the kidney doctor. After the examination he said I had lost 25% of my kidney usage and I never would get that back. While having this discussion, we discovered that Aleve is what had caused my problem. Taken over a long period of time this can happen. I was not aware of that, but now I am. I believe my gout came from the kidney problems. I take Uloric every day. I had gout 12 times in a two month period. Until I started taking the Uloric, I got no relief. As my kidneys got better and the Uloric kicked in I stopped having gout. Last time I was at the kidney doctor's office, my creatine went up a little more.

Comment from: ranger6a, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: October 15

Last Friday I had an appointment with a nephrologist who indicated that creatinine level jumped from 1.7 to 4.5 in a short time. He advised admission immediately to the hospital where tests indicated kidney injury and multiple myeloma. After 24 hours the number dropped to 3.5 and I was allowed to go home. The diagnosis seemed to infer that taking Avapro was the culprit.

Comment from: gmthelen, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: October 27

I have a creatinine level of 123, but no action is taken yet.

Comment from: maryanne, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 07

I am 61 year old woman with polycystic kidney disease (PKD). Creatinine is high at 5.8. BUN is at 8.2. My potassium levels are normal, and my blood pressure is good. My GFR is at 7. Shouldn't I be feeling lethargic? Yet I feel good. My kidney doctor is amazed at how I feel. I don't know what can bring down my creatinine as again I feel good, but the numbers keep on going up.

Comment from: jo, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: September 25

My creatinine level is 1.15, have been taking Mobic for arthritis for several years. Doctor has taken me off of it for four weeks to see if it will level out.

Creatinine Blood Test - Results Question: Why did your healthcare professional want to check your creatinine levels?
Creatinine Blood Level - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with high or low creatinine blood levels.
Creatinine Blood Test - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with elevated blood creatinine levels?