Cosmetic Allergies Index
Fragrances and preservatives in cosmetics may cause allergic reactions in some people. Symptoms include redness, itching, and swelling after the product comes in contact with the person's skin. Treatment typically involves the use of over-the-counter cortisone creams.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
The word "rash" means an outbreak of red bumps on the body. The way people use this term, "a rash" can refer to many different...learn more »
Eczema refers to skin inflammation. There are many different types of eczema that produce symptoms and signs that range from...learn more »
In This Article
- Eczema facts
- What is eczema?
- Are there different types of eczema? What causes eczema?
- What are eczema symptoms and signs?
- What specialists treat eczema?
- How do health-care professionals diagnose eczema?
- What is the treatment for eczema?
- What are home remedies for eczema?
- Does diet affect eczema?
- Is there a cure for eczema?
- Is eczema contagious?
- What is the prognosis of eczema?
- Is it possible to prevent eczema?
Folliculitis is a skin condition that causes small red bumps to form around the hair follicles. Skin bacteria such as...learn more »
An allergy refers to a misguided reaction by our immune system in response to bodily contact with certain foreign substances. ...learn more »
Acne is a localized skin inflammation as a result of overactivity of oil glands at the
base of hair follicles. This...learn more »
In This Article
Acne (Pimples) Article
- What is acne?
- What causes acne?
- What other skin conditions can mimic acne?
- When should someone start acne treatment?
- What can people do to get rid of their acne?
- What are other things you can do for acne? Are there any home remedies for acne?
- What is a good basic skin regimen?
- How does a doctor treat acne? Is it possible to remove acne scars?
- How would you summarize current-day acne treatment?