Patient Comments: Cortisone Injection - Side Effects

What side effects (if any) did you experience with your cortisone injection?

Comment from: private, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 17

Fifteen years after anal rape I have to seek surgery and have no useful OTC treatments for hemorrhoids, since the FDA removed the effective ingredients from virtually every product in the drug store.

Comment from: Laura, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: November 03

For 2 years I had pain in the back because of this disease called sciatica. I tried a lot of treatments but many of them were unsuccessful. I even went to a doctor, but still no results; until I found this amazing product called Sciatica SOS. I am really surprised by the results, in just 7 days I got rid of back pain.

Comment from: ella, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: October 28

I am scheduled to go in for shoulder replacement surgery in 2 days. I received a cortisone shot 3 or 4 weeks ago. My pain suddenly stopped a couple of weeks ago and hardly hurts now. I wonder if it is possible that a cortisone shot may take 3 or 4 weeks to stop the pain.

Comment from: KER33, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 05

I received a series of cortisone injections in my neck for pain. Since the injections about 2 weeks ago I have had a headache and I randomly will feel palpitations. My face also broke out with acne. So far these injections have done no good for me. They have only caused other issues.

Comment from: Dee Bee, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 09

I had a cortisone injection in my hip. I had flushing for about 4 days, and increase in hot flashes in the last month. I have headaches, sometimes flipping into migraines, which increases over typical frequency. Heart rate between 100 and 110 for about 36 hours after injection, fine since. Hip feels better, continued improvement as the month has progressed.

Comment from: MiMi, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: September 03

I received a cortisone injection in my hip yesterday at 11:00 am. By 1:00, my face was red and appeared swollen (so said my friends), and by 4:00, I was shaking. I had insomnia (slept less than 1 hour all night), but the good side is that the pain is much less, and today I can walk without a limp or weakness. So, perhaps a good trade-off.

Comment from: LaurieJ, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: August 31

I have had tinnitus since childhood. First I had meningitis, then constant ear infections; I now have 3 distinct sounds, crickets, ringing and static sound, which are worse in my left ear. My tinnitus 'clicks' when I am getting an ear infection. These noises have gotten worse over past several months and I was just diagnosed with a pineal gland tumor. I have tried every medicine and yes, some dubious snake oil cures, to no avail.

Comment from: WPW, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: August 28

I'm 53 and I'm an avid golfer. I've been having some left shoulder pain and stiffness. My doctor put me on some anti-inflammatory medication but the side effects were not worth it (stomach). Doctor suggested cortisone injection and on July 13 I had a shot in my shoulder. The pain lessened. I had been doing physiotherapy for 9 weeks before and after the shot. However I was at work and had to hop up over a small counter top. My life has been a severe painful nightmare since then. The pain I've been experiencing since that day is unbearable. I was not told that cortisone weakens the tendons in and around the area of the injection. The doctor gives me strong pain killers but they have side effects that I'm looking forward to. Never again will I ever have another injection. It's a joke; they tell you things after not before. Had I been fully informed I would not have done it. For6 weeks no golf, and the condition I'm in right now I'm scared that I may never ever be able to play the game that I love.

Cortisone Injection - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with a cortisone injection.
Cortisone Injection - Knee and Hip Question: Share your experience with cortisone injections in your hip or knee.