Patient Comments: Cortisone Injection - Side Effects

What side effects (if any) did you experience with your cortisone injection?

Comment from: Sunshine, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 03

I had a cortisone injection to my left shoulder three days ago. I didn't feel any instant relief or anything. By bedtime, I was in pain. By morning, I was in excruciating pain. I couldn't put on jeans, and it was hard to pull down my clothes to even go to the bathroom. Today, day 3, I was able to put on deodorant. I don't know what the doctor did, but I will never get one of those injections again.

Cortisone Injection - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with a cortisone injection.
Cortisone Injection - Knee and Hip Question: Share your experience with cortisone injections in your hip or knee.