Patient Comments: Cortisone Injection - Side Effects

What side effects (if any) did you experience with your cortisone injection?

Comment from: Mary, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: December 17

My daughter had a cortisone shot in elbow joint. It has been about 3 to 4 hours and she still has no feeling in arm and it seems swollen.

Comment from: Iviviv, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: December 16

I had a steroid injection in my elbow a month ago. I was pretty sore for 2 or 3 days and then I started to feel that the original aching joint pain was lessening although the cortisone injection site remained a little bit tender. In the past couple of days I have had very painful skin on that elbow. It is really dry and flaking like eczema which I have never previously had. I also have a solid lump under the skin about the size and shape of a small bean where I was injected. I had been hoping to inject my other elbow which has bad joint pain too, but now I am put off the idea. Oh dear, maybe I just have to get used to life with sore joints.

Comment from: liz, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: December 04

My mom is suffering from an injection she received for what the doctor said was arthritis in her knees and feet. After receiving the cortisone injection on both arms for the pain, she began experiencing severe pains on both arms and they are inflamed and hurt really bad. She can't even sleep at night. She has no idea what to do.

Cortisone Injection - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with a cortisone injection.
Cortisone Injection - Knee and Hip Question: Share your experience with cortisone injections in your hip or knee.