Patient Comments: Cortisone Injection - Side Effects

What side effects (if any) did you experience with your cortisone injection?

Comment from: Dabrock, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: August 26

I got a cortisone injection in my right wrist for carpal tunnel syndrome. When the doctor gave the injection I got shooting pains and a burning feeling up my middle finger, I suppose because he was on the tendon for that finger, but I felt it was normal since I've never had the procedure before. It has now been more than a week and every time I use my right hand I get shooting pain up my middle finger like electrical shocks or something. I'm wondering if it is possible he damaged something or if this is normal. He's a great doctor so I'd hate to think he did something wrong.

Cortisone Injection - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with a cortisone injection.
Cortisone Injection - Knee and Hip Question: Share your experience with cortisone injections in your hip or knee.