Patient Comments: Cortisone Injection - Experience

Please describe your experience with a cortisone injection.

Comment from: Lucy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 20

I was diagnosed with spinal stenosis, about 8 months ago a started suffering from pain in my lumbar area and it was affecting my right leg, and hip. I had 1 cortisone injection done about 2 months ago and relief came in just days! About 3 weeks ago it was the cervical spine affecting my right arm and it was extremely painful! I just had an injection about a week ago and I feel 80% relief. I say if pain killers no longer work, they are worth the side effects. Just make sure you find a good, experienced pain management physician.

Cortisone Injection - Side Effects Question: What side effects (if any) did you experience with your cortisone injection?
Cortisone Injection - Knee and Hip Question: Share your experience with cortisone injections in your hip or knee.