Patient Comments: Cortisone Injection - Knee And Hip

Share your experience with cortisone injections in your hip or knee

Comment from: Misha, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 26

I had cortisone shot in my osteoarthritic and very painful knee yesterday. I hate needles but this shot was nearly painless. I immediately started feeling less pain when I walked and this morning I am near pain free while I walk. I have no negative side effects and I am so glad I had this shot. I had started to change my life due to pain - couldn't even walk the dog. I'm thrilled!

Comment from: painhater, 55-64 Male (Caregiver) Published: July 23

My husband had a cortisone injection last year. It lasted for 6 months, the second one last 10 months ago didn't help at all and made things worse, the third one 6 months ago helped some but not much. He got one today that feels great, he said. So according to his papers they gave him when he left the office it says resume activities after 24 hours and so does a web site I found. However he says the doctor says he has to wait a few days.

Cortisone Injection - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with a Cortisone Injection.
Cortisone Injection - Side effects Question: What side effects (if any) did you experience with your cortisone injection?