Patient Comments: Cortisone Injection - Knee And Hip

Share your experience with cortisone injections in your hip or knee

Comment from: Oute Limits, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 07

Several women I know who have used cortisone injections have spoken about significant interference with and erratic hormones, as well as unusually long menstrual cycles--one menstruated for over a month! By allowing the joint to function temporarily, the healing process was damaged though over-exertion, thus making the injury much worse in the long run.

Comment from: jock, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: August 07

I had three cortisone at approximate age of 35 and got total releif in about 4 hours. These injections were over a period of 5 years the sole purpose for the injections were to releave the pain from water on the left knee I also had several injections in both shoulders at different times to releave pain from bursitis The pain subsided almost immediately

Comment from: Misha, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 26

I had cortisone shot in my osteoarthritic and very painful knee yesterday. I hate needles but this shot was nearly painless. I immediately started feeling less pain when I walked and this morning I am near pain free while I walk. I have no negative side effects and I am so glad I had this shot. I had started to change my life due to pain - couldn't even walk the dog. I'm thrilled!

Cortisone Injection - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with a Cortisone Injection.
Cortisone Injection - Side effects Question: What side effects (if any) did you experience with your cortisone injection?