Patient Comments: Cortisone Injection - Knee and Hip

Share your experience with cortisone injections in your hip or knee.

Comment from: Aries932, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: December 06

I had a first time cortisone shot in my left hip yesterday as an outpatient in the hospital. I noticed a slight reduction in the pain, but am still a little shaky.

Comment from: alan, 65-74 Male (Caregiver) Published: August 21

I have had three cortisone injections but after the last one my tennis elbow has given me more pain than ever before. My tennis elbow was caused because I fish a lot and have had to stop because of such pain in my arm and neck.

Comment from: karen, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 24

I had a cortisone shot, I suffered from weakness of limbs, extreme thirst and dizziness, felt very hot and had vomiting.

Comment from: soreashel, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 12

I got injured in 1997. I have been getting cortisone shots in various parts of my back, neck and shoulder. Lately, my doctor will not give me another appointment unless I book a procedure. Every month. I'm getting very leery of his practices. How much cortisone can be injected into my body! I get them on both sides of the body. Not all the time.

Comment from: hip injection, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: April 14

I had a hip injection in mid-February and the relief was immediate. It has given me two pain-free months and it has increased the mobility in the joint slightly.

Comment from: shirley k., 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: March 27

The second day after my cortisone injection on the knee I have facial flushing. I don't know if I should have more injections if this continues.

Comment from: Whimpie, 65-74 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 24

Cortisone to bursa (hips) worked 1st time, less 2nd time and not at all with the one given by a new doctor who guaranteed results. I wonder if it is reduced effectiveness or if it is all caused by poor placement of needle or quality of the cortisone.

Comment from: blondie, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 06

She was very good, she sprayed it and told me what I would experience when she gave the cortisone injection. I just felt the burning and just a little pressure and she was done before I knew it. Because, to be honest, I was a little scared but she made me feel brave.

Comment from: Joanie, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 26

After the cortisone injection I have pain at the injection site and joint, flushing of face and neck area and I am feeling feverish.

Comment from: Ron, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: December 15

After a cortisone injection in the knee I had hi blood sugar and palpitations!

Cortisone Injection - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with a cortisone injection.
Cortisone Injection - Side Effects Question: What side effects (if any) did you experience with your cortisone injection?