Cortisone Injection Index
Cortisone injections are used to treat small areas of inflammation or widespread inflammation throughout the body. There is minimal pain from these injections, and relief from the pain of inflammation occurs rapidly.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
Acne is a localized skin inflammation as a result of overactivity of oil glands at the
base of hair follicles. This...learn more »
In This Article
Acne (Pimples) Article
- What is acne?
- What causes acne?
- What other skin conditions can mimic acne?
- When should someone start acne treatment?
- What can people do to get rid of their acne?
- What are other things you can do for acne? Are there any home remedies for acne?
- What is a good basic skin regimen?
- How does a doctor treat acne? Is it possible to remove acne scars?
- How would you summarize current-day acne treatment?
Asthma is a condition in which hyperreactive airways constrict and result in symptoms like wheezing, coughing, and shortness of...learn more »
In This Article
- What is asthma?
- What causes asthma?
- What are the different types of asthma?
- What are the signs and symptoms of asthma?
- How is asthma diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for asthma?
- What is an asthma action plan?
- What is the prognosis for asthma?
- Can asthma be prevented?
Lower Back Pain
There are many causes of back pain. Pain in the low back can relate to the bony lumbar spine, discs between the vertebrae,...learn more »
Bursitis of the hip results when the fluid-filled sac (bursa) near the hip becomes inflamed due to localized soft tissue trauma...learn more »
Bursitis of the knee results when any of the three fluid-filled sacs (bursae) become inflamed due to injury or strain. Symptoms...learn more »
Shoulder bursitis is inflammation of the shoulder bursa. Bursitis may be caused by injury, infection, or a rheumatic condition....learn more »