Table of Contents
- Corticosteroid (cortisone) injection of joints and soft tissue facts
- What are corticosteroids?
- Is a cortisone injection merely a pain reliever or temporary remedy?
- For what conditions are cortisone injections used?
- What are the advantages of cortisone injections?
- What are the disadvantages and side effects of cortisone injections?
- Are there special side effects that can occur with cortisone joint injections?
- Are there special advantages in using cortisone injections for joint inflammation (arthritis)?
- How are cortisone injections of soft tissues given?
- How are cortisone injections of a joint given?
- How long does it take to recover after a cortisone injection?
- Are cortisone injections painful?
- How long does a cortisone injection work?
- What types of doctors administer cortisone injections?
Corticosteroid (cortisone) injection of joints and soft tissue facts
- Corticosteroids are powerful anti-inflammatory medications.
- Cortisone injections can offer fast-acting relief of inflamed muscles, joints, tendons, and bursa.
- Complications are rare but may include infection and bleeding.
- When administered by an expert, cortisone injections offer significant pain relief with only minimal discomfort. Continue Reading