- What are topical corticosteroids?
- What are examples topical corticosteroids of available in the US?
- What are the side effects of topical corticosteroids?
- What drugs interact with topical corticosteroids?
- What formulations of topical corticosteroids are available?
- What about taking topical corticosteroids during pregnancy or while breastfeeding?
What are the side effects of topical corticosteroids?
Common side effects of topical corticosteroids are:
- redness, and
Long term use can lead to loss of skin tone, deterioration of skin cells, and risk of infections.
What drugs interact with topical corticosteroids?
The risk of topical corticosteroids interacting with other drugs is low, and they do not have significant interactions with other drugs. Administration of other topical medications should be separated from administration of topical corticosteroid to avoid any potential interaction and diminished effect.
Quick GuideRingworm: Treatment, Pictures, Causes, and Symptoms
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.