- Heart Disease Slideshow Pictures
- Medical Illustrations of the Heart Image Collection
- Take the Heart Disease Quiz!
- Patient Comments: Coronary Heart Disease - Type of Test
- Patient Comments: Coronary Heart Disease Screening Tests - Symptoms
- Find a local Cardiologist in your town
- What is coronary heart disease?
- What is the purpose of screening tests for coronary heart disease?
- What are common initial screening tests for coronary heart disease?
- Exercise cardiac stress test (treadmill stress test or ECST)
- Radionuclide stress test
- Stress echocardiography
- Pharmacologic stress test
- Are there other tests for coronary heart disease that are noninvasive?
- What is the most accurate method of defining coronary heart disease?
- Coronary angiography
Quick GuideHeart Disease: Symptoms, Signs, and Causes
For the purpose of screening for coronary heart disease, each person should discuss their particular coronary heart disease "risk factor profile" with the doctor in order to decide if screening tests are indicated and which test is most appropriate. The doctor will have detailed information regarding what testing involves and the implications of the results for each individual.
Medically reviewed by Robert J. Bryg, MD; Board Certified Internal Medicine with subspecialty in Cardiovascular Disease
REFERENCES: National Heart Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health. What is Coronary Artery Disease.