Patient Comments: Angioplasty and Stents - Complications

Explain your experience in recovery from your angioplasty and stent procedure. Did you experience any complications?

Comment from: SECOND LIFE, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: July 28

I had an angioplasty procedure through my right arm in 2014. Because of the results I had quadruple bypass in July 2014. In 2015 I went to the emergency room for COPD problems and they admitted me due to my medical background. They wouldn't release me from the hospital because they couldn't find a pulse in my right arm. When I saw the cardiac doctor she said in many cases when you have an angioplasty in the arm you will have a decreased radial pulse. So maybe the admitting doctors should be told this so patients don't have to wait 2 extra days in the hospital unnecessarily.

Comment from: beachnut, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: June 16

I was told that my heart beat was slightly elevated. I was given medication to slow it down, which it did. I never received instructions on how to proceed once I left the hospital. I was given medications to take that gave me tremendous headaches (Plavix and Imdur) and a cholesterol pill that I cannot take (kidney pain). The 325 mg aspirin does not relieve my headache. I will probably find out how to proceed after I see the doctor in two weeks.

Comment from: sharmane, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 24

I'm on my second stent, the first went well and it's been 2 years for that one now. I just had my second angioplasty and stent on January 28, 2014, I'm still having chest pains and numbness and tingling in my left shoulder. I have been to the emergency room twice and still they can"t find out anything, this is starting to get real scary for me.

Comment from: mjt714, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 01

I had a stent in my LAD (left anterior descending) artery due to heart attack on 12-6-13 with my artery being 100% blocked according to the doctor. Recovery is going well and feel good.

Cardiology - Diagnosis Question: How was your coronary artery disease diagnosed?
Angioplasty and Stents - Prognosis Question: Did your artery narrowing recur after your angioplasty?
Coronary Angioplasty and Stents - Experience Question: Please share your experience with coronary angioplasty and stents.