Patient Comments: Corns and Calluses - Seeing a Doctor

If you have corns or calluses, what were your reasons for seeking medical help?

Comment from: shazy/smurf/TUKESMYL, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 28

I was born with a club foot and have no connecting bone and due to this i have always walked toe heal on my left foot in which over the years i have developed pure callus which goes all the way across to the other side of mt foot and on one side below my little toe is one whole with 2 corns inside and below my big toe another corn with 3 corns inside. My doctor sends me every 8-12 weeks to the nhs podiatry and then i pay £30 every 10-14 days private. To help myself i have bought the 2 top pedi's to sand down the callus and have got all the creams you can think of. I can't use any corn plasters or drawing ointments as my corns are that deep things like that will make it worse. Some days i can hardly walk as the pain is so bad really bad. I have asked the nhs podiatry and my private podiatry and they all so i just have to live with it? There must be a some kind of operation out there some sort of better advice out there as the pain is so excruciating. My parents are prepared to pay private for me if there is an operation to remove them. So if there is help out there please let me know!!! Desperate. P.s even had orthotics made to fit in my shoes in which doesn't help my painful corns one bit and now my orthopedic surgeon wants to operate to stretch my leg. Just having a new orthotic made that will be attached on the outside of mt working shoes/trainers. If anyone out there does read this and there is a cure please begging you please let me know .

Comment from: CalMom, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 12

I had agonizing pain from my corns all night without relief. I needed some type of medication that would bring relief from the pain.

Corns - Treatments Question: What treatment has been effective for your corns?
Corns - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with your corns?
Corns and Calluses - Prevention Question: How do you prevent recurrences of corns or calluses? Have you changed the type or style of shoes you wear?
Corns and Calluses - Risks Question: Are your shoes too tight? Explain the reasons why you think you developed corns or calluses.