Patient Comments: Corns - Symptoms

Question:What symptoms did you experience with your corns?

Comment from: joanne, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 31

I have a soft corn in between my last two toes. This is not the first time it has appeared. I have been in serious pain now for over 6 weeks including shooting pains even without shoes on. I am unable to wear any covered shoe for more than ten minutes without pain, nothing seems to work, I have tried padding the areas without success. During my first visit to my general physician I was prescribed an anti-inflammatory tablet, but there's no change. Now I have been prescribed a fungal cream, I'm still very sore and in agony!

Comment from: Serab, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: June 27

I am suffering acute pain on my right foot, even after I removed the corns three times at the hospital. It keeps recurring and is very painful. It's on the part where much of the pressure is there while walking. I cannot run, and my walking looks like limping. I don't have any other health problems, but it is bothering me a lot.

Comment from: ellen, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 29

My problem is a constant recurrence of callouses on the sole of both feet. I have gone to several podiatrists with little relief. I also have fungus on both of my large toes (at the sides) and at the tip of my two smaller toes below the nails. It is thick and has made my toenails dark. Doctors don't seem to be able to help. I find it very difficult to get a soft pair of shoes, especially dress shoes with heels. I am desperate. I need some help.

Comment from: aryan, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: May 28

I recently developed a corn on my right foot which gives me some pain. I'd like to know about medications to take and if there are certain treatments that work. I don't want an operation.

Comment from: exerciser, 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: November 10

I have never had any problems with my feet. Then it seemed so suddenly I had a corn on the ball of my foot located on the bone near my big toe. I think it's from using an elliptical machine seven days a week. It's small, but very painful when I walk around barefoot or with socks. I have been strengthening my ACLs in both knees, so exercise options are limited. I must be putting the same pressure repeatedly in the same spot.

Comment from: Harriet, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 10

Be careful to distinguish between a corn on your finger and a ganglion. I had what looked like a blister/corn on one of my toes and went to a podiatrist. Then I got one on my finger. It's a bulge of the fluid in the joint. Sometimes it is painful, but most of the time it is not. I have lanced the one on my finger and removed some of the fluid. It's better for a while but fills up again.

Comment from: amit, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: August 21

I am suffering acute pain on my right foot, even after I removed the corns two times at the hospital. It keeps recurring and is very painful. It's on the part where much of the pressure is there while walking. I cannot run, and my walking looks like limping. I don't have any other health problems, but it is bothering me a lot.

Comment from: 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: August 23

I am suffering some pain and excessive bleeding from a corn that has developed on the inside midde of the second finger of the right hand. There is no pressure. Is not responding to OTC corn removal pads or drops except to whiten skin and cause the corn to swell. Each time the corn bursts, there is a lot of bleeding and then it all starts over again.

Comment from: 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: July 26

My mother in law has corns on her toes on both feet, it's been now 19 years she had lots of treatment done to get rid of her corns. Her corns got that worse now she can't even walk without wearing any soft pad shoes on the floor. I am doing some research right now so how she can get rid from these corns and walk properly.

Comment from: LA, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: March 07

I all of a sudden got what I know now to be a corn on my left foot. My doctor told me it was a wart the podiatrist told me was a callus now after researching it is a corn and extremely painful at times. I often get woken up from extreme throbbing pain in the morning. At times I am limping because of the pain as well but other times like now I have no pain. I have dug and dug at the corn trying to relieve my pain.

Corns - Treatments Question: What treatment has been effective for your corns?
Corns and Calluses - Seeing a Doctor Question: If you have corns or calluses, what were your reasons for seeking medical help?
Corns and Calluses - Prevention Question: How do you prevent recurrences of corns or calluses? Have you changed the type or style of shoes you wear?
Corns and Calluses - Risks Question: Are your shoes too tight? Explain the reasons why you think you developed corns or calluses.