Patient Comments: Corns - Treatments

Question:What treatment has been effective for your corns?

Comment from: JK, 13-18 Female (Caregiver) Published: December 30

My thirteen year old daughter suddenly developed a problem of corns under her right foot. One was surgically removed 3 months ago and the second has just been removed. Sad enough, 3 others seem to be developing. This is giving me problems as am not sure what to do next considering that she has to be operated upon every time the corn grows in size and so does the pain. I would really appreciate a cream or other medication that could assist other than surgical remove every three months.

Comment from: treatfootproblems, Male (Caregiver) Published: March 26

I am an orthotist and I have been fabricating custom orthotic insoles for many foot problems but treating corns includes one of them. Offloading the pressure from the specific region of the corn ultimately results in treatment of corn.

Comment from: Julie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 15

I had suffered with a corn on my little toe for a few months. I could not wear a covered shoe for more than half an hour without pain worsening. Corn pads helped a bit, but using Wart-Off over the past three weeks, twice a day, has caused my wart to disappear.

Published: February 01

Go to a podiatrist, It's good getting them to dig it out, and provides instant relief. It doesn't hurt as the skin around it is dead. I get one cut out every 3 months.

Comment from: Sanny, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: January 23

I'm an army officer and have been suffering from multiple corns for the last 5 years and have found no good treatment. I can't avoid certain things like running. At many points in time the situation for me is worse when doctors failed to provide remedy. T

Corns - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with your corns?
Corns and Calluses - Seeing a Doctor Question: If you have corns or calluses, what were your reasons for seeking medical help?
Corns and Calluses - Prevention Question: How do you prevent recurrences of corns or calluses? Have you changed the type or style of shoes you wear?
Corns and Calluses - Risks Question: Are your shoes too tight? Explain the reasons why you think you developed corns or calluses.