Patient Comments: Corneal Ulcer - Treatment

Please discuss the treatment or medication you received for your corneal ulcer.

Comment from: Uniqhrn23, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 18

I was diagnosed approximately 10 years ago of having a corneal abrasion, at my local hospital. I then was referred to an ophthalmologist (eye surgeon). I was diagnosed with a corneal ulcer and was prescribed Vigamox, & erythromycin ointment as well as some steroid eye drops. My condition is still on-going and I am running out of options as my chronic corneal ulcer is not getting better and my doctor has been talking about considering a corneal transplant.

Corneal Ulcer - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms associated with your corneal ulcer?
Corneal Ulcer - Causes Question: If known, what was the cause of your corneal ulcer?
Corneal Ulcer - Diagnosis Question: Describe the events that led to a diagnosis of a corneal ulcer.