Patient Comments: Corneal Disease - Diagnosis

Please describe the events that led to a diagnosis of corneal disease.

Comment from: guillermo, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: December 20

I had a cataract removed 3 weeks ago and since then my sight has gone from bad to worse. The eye surgeon said that the operation was a success! My eye does not stop weeping, the vision is nonexistent, and everything is a blur - like looking through a milky haze. I saw the eye surgeon again today and she has told me that I have a damaged cornea and on the papers it is written cornea guttata. She has given me eye drops to use every 6 hours and ointment to use at night. Am I likely to get my vision back? It is so frustrating and depressing. I may be in my 70's but am very active, play golf, walk, drive but now these activities are being curtailed.

Corneal Disease - Symptoms and Signs Question: What symptoms and signs did you experience with your corneal injury, disease, or infection?
Corneal Disease - Describe Experience Question: Please describe your experience with the condition that damaged your cornea.