Contact Dermatitis Related Diseases & Conditions
Medical conditions are often related to other diseases and conditions. Our doctors have compiled a list of ailments related to the topic of Contact Dermatitis. These conditions may be a cause or symptom of Contact Dermatitis or be a condition for which you may be at increased risk.
The word "rash" means an outbreak of red bumps on the body. The way people use this term, "a rash" can refer to many different...learn more »
Poison ivy, oak, and sumac contain a substance called urushiol, which causes a rash on people who come in contact with them....learn more »
In This Article
Poison Ivy Article
- Poison ivy, oak, and sumac facts
- What are poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac?
- What causes a poison ivy, oak, or sumac rash?
- What are risk factors for poison ivy, oak, or sumac rash?
- What are symptoms and signs of a poison ivy, oak, or sumac rash?
- How do physicians diagnose poison ivy, oak, and sumac rashes?
- What is the treatment for a poison ivy, oak, or sumac rash?
- Are there any home remedies for a poison ivy, oak, or sumac rash?
- What is the prognosis of a poison ivy, oak, or sumac rash?
- Is it possible to prevent a poison ivy, oak, or sumac rash?
An allergy refers to a misguided reaction by our immune system in response to bodily contact with certain foreign substances. ...learn more »
Dandruff (seborrhea) is a skin disorder that results from neither too much moisture nor too much oil. Dandruff can be treated...learn more »
In This Article
Dandruff (Seborrhea) Article
- Dandruff facts
- What is dandruff? What causes dandruff?
- What treatments are available for dandruff?
- What doesn't help dandruff?
- What over-the-counter products can help dandruff?
- If over-the-counter products don't work, what can the doctor prescribe for dandruff?