Patient Comments: Constipation - Home Remedies and Treatments

What kinds of treatments such as home remedies, OTC medication, or other therapies have been effective for your constipation?

Comment from: Susie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 16

My constipation has been going on all of my life. If I take any kind of treatment, it takes two to three days to work, and then I get diarrhea, which is uncontrollable. Adding fiber to my diet just made me swell up like a balloon. I am not in any treatment at this time, and it is very bad. Constipation can be a severe problem.

Comment from: Julie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 28

I have had constipation problems all my life. It is normal for me to go once every two weeks. My colon is too long.

Constipation - Experience Question: Has your constipation ever limited you from performing daily activities? Work? Pleasure?
Constipation - Causes Question: If known, what is the cause of or reason for your constipation? Have you found a remedy?
Constipation - Fiber and Laxatives Question: What type of fiber or laxatives have you found helpful in treating constipation?
Constipation - Medication Causes Question: What medications or drugs cause constipation or make it worse?
Constipation - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with constipation?
Constipation - Prescription Drugs Question: What prescription drugs have helped with your chronic constipation?