Patient Comments: Constipation - Home Remedies

Please share home remedies for treating constipation, including diet and exercise.

Comment from: student, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: April 01

Each time am constipated I go in for serious exercise and immediately after that I feel like emptying my bowel.

Comment from: lieder, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 19

Whole flax seeds work for me. I used to be dependent on an herb, cascara sagrada, which worked for me, but I couldn't have a bowel movement without it. Since I started taking at least 3 Tbsp of flax seed on my bagel, or just with water every morning, I am regular and feel great.

Constipation - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your constipation?
Constipation - Experience Question: Has your constipation ever limited you from performing daily activities? Work? Pleasure?
Constipation - Causes Question: If known, what is the cause of or reason for your constipation? Have you found a remedy?
Constipation - Diagnosis Question: Did you see a doctor for constipation? What tests and exams were included in the evaluation and diagnosis?
Constipation - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with constipation?