Patient Comments: Connective Tissue Disease - Signs and Symptoms

What were the signs or symptoms associated with a connective tissue disease in you or a relative?

Comment from: cc, (Patient) Published: February 25

I will start by saying that I am/was a nurse until I fell too ill to work and exhibited many of the symptoms of connective tissue disease you all are discussing here. I began to realize that it was worse when eating specific foods/drinks so I took it upon myself to experiment with my intake and focused on the things I ate the most of. I have seen many doctors and like you all I had little to no relief. I also began developing a number of bone spurs throughout my body and read something about tea disease (also known as fluorosis). So realizing I drank at least a half-gallon of tea a day, I eliminated it from my diet and all my bone spurs resolved themselves with no surgery needed. I still have the joint pain, some days better than others now, but I also have difficulty with foods that are known to be high in sulfur. When I cut all this out I feel 75 percent better. I am not saying this is what you guys are suffering from but it is worth a try to eliminate the suffering. I miss my tea though. Best of luck.

Comment from: Karen, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: November 22

I have been having a problem with the tendons in my hands locking up during certain movements. My palms hurt and tonight for the first time, when the fingers locked, I was in pain and had a hard time unlocking the "lock up". Doctors don't seem to know what is wrong. I don't know where to go from here. Or even if this is a symptom of connective tissue disorder. Can't seem to find anything related to this problem.

Comment from: ediehawk, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 12

The finger lock up and the pain in your palms could be what they call a trigger finger; I have had 2 of them due to carpel tunnel.

Connective Tissue Disease - Diagnosis Question: How was your connective tissue disease diagnosed?
Connective Tissue Disease - Treatments Question: What was your connective tissue disease treatment?
Connective Tissue Disease - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with connective tissue disease.