Patient Comments: Connective Tissue Disease - Treatments

Question:What was your connective tissue disease treatment?

Comment from: ksweetirishrose , 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 02

I have undifferentiated connective tissue disease (UCTD). I have been told to use Vicks VapoRub on my cuticles for dry cuticles and Restasis four times a day for dry eyes. My biggest ailment is swollen parotid glands, for which I take Pilocarpine. I do hope this is all I get.

Comment from: penny123, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 20

I was told by my Dr. I have a connective tissue disorder. This was 6 months ago. Since then I have been put on Relafin 3 x day and plaqamil 2 a day. In these 6 months I have had 3 flare ups. During which they are very painful so the Dr. put me on steroids to get under control. So far it's in my left wrist and now moving into my right. It's all very new to me and it's scary to think there are so many kinds. I have to take one day at a time.

Comment from: kkm, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 12

I have been diagnosed with sjogren's disease, and have tested positive for Lupus, but they will not diagose me with Lupus until I go for another blood test in three months. Mean while I am so exhausted, my joints are really hurting. This connective tissue disease really is a pain in the butt.

Comment from: Julie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 08

I'm in pain all the time - miserable. I'm not getting any treatment for my connective tissue disease. My doctor told me to "tough it out". I don't feel supported with pain management.

Comment from: kldipietro, 55-64 Male (Caregiver) Published: August 17

My husband has undifferentiated connective tissue disease, his doctor has him on Plaquenil twice a day for the last year. He has improved.

Connective Tissue Disease - Diagnosis Question: How was your connective tissue disease diagnosed?
Connective Tissue Disease - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with connective tissue disease.
Connective Tissue Disease - Signs and Symptoms Question: What were the signs or symptoms associated with a connective tissue disease in you or a relative?