Patient Comments: Congestive Heart Failure - Symptoms

What symptoms do you experience with congestive heart failure?

Comment from: Luis Alberto, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: March 04

My ankles are swelling for the first time with congestive heart failure, I have no fatigue, dyspnea or shortness of breath.

Comment from: Scotchlass, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 09

With congestive heart failure I have tightness in the lower chest - as if I was wearing a corset and someone was pulling it tighter. I also have the urge to want to go to the bathroom.

Comment from: candledy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 27

I didn't have any pain. For over 3 months, my breathing got steadily worse. I kept blaming it on bronchitis that I seem to get every year. It got to the point, I could not get my breath and so dizzy. I had refused to go to the hospital, and that day I was forced to go to hospital. I was on the very edge of heart failure. I'm doing much better now.

Comment from: Lake, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: February 04

I had my upper eyelid surgery 3 days ago. The more I looked at myself in the mirror, the more I regret going through with it. I can only open my eyes 1/3 to half of the way due to swollen upper lid. My eyes don't shut when I sleep (my daughter told me). My eyes are not even, one eye is more open than the other. The skin has been pulled too much on one eye that it hurts right after the surgery. My eye shape is no longer the same. The surgical line is long-- it goes way past the eyes and stops at both sides. The doctor told me that he had to do it otherwise the lid will droop. I was so shocked to see the line. I used to have big open eyes and was proud of it. Blurred vision is what I have encountered in the last 3 days. All I can do is wait and see how it turns out after a month. I truly hope that I don't have to go to another doctor to get them fixed to look normal again.

Congestive Heart Failure - Treatment Question: What treatment did you have for congestive heart failure?
Congestive Heart Failure - Prognosis Question: What's your prognosis with congestive heart failure?