Complete Blood Count Index
A complete blood count (CBC) is a calculation of the cellular makeup of blood. A CBC measures the concentration of white blood cells, red blood cells, and platelets in the blood and aids in diagnosing conditions and disease such as malignancy, anemia, or blood clotting problems.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
Kidney pain has a variety of causes and symptoms. Infection, injury, trauma, bleeding disorders, and less common conditions may...learn more »
In This Article
Kidney Pain Article
- What are the kidneys?
- Where are the kidneys located?
- What is the function of the kidneys?
- What are the symptoms of kidney pain?
- What are some of the kidney conditions and diseases that cause kidney pain?
- When should I see my doctor about kidney pain?
- What are common tests are available to diagnose kidney diseases?
- How is kidney pain treated?
Liver disease can be cause by a variety of things including infection (hepatitis), diseases such as gallstones, high cholesterol...learn more »
Muscle spasms are involuntary muscle contractions that come on suddenly and are usually quite painful. Dehydration, doing...learn more »
Inflammation of the inner lining of the colon is referred to as colitis. Symptoms of the inflammation of the colon lining include...learn more »
In This Article
- Colitis facts
- What is colitis?
- What are the causes (types) of colitis?
- Infectious colitis
- Ischemic colitis
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Microscopic colitis
- Allergic colitis in infants
- What are the symptoms of colitis?
- When should I contact my doctor about colitis?
- How is colitis diagnosed?
- How is colitis treated?
- What is the prognosis for a patient with colitis?
Anemia is the condition of having less than the normal number of red blood cells or less than the normal quantity of hemoglobin...learn more »