Patient Comments: Complete Blood Count - Diagnosis

Question:What was your complete blood count (CBC) test used for?

Comment from: HealthWise, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: February 18

My CBS test was used as a routine for my annual gynecologist visit. I requested my results because the doctor usually doesn"t contact you unless something is out of range. However, I"m keeping up with mine regardless.

Comment from: ok, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 31

It was used for cancer test. I had breast cancer in 2007, had chemotherapy and for 5 years took Arimidex. Today they did a CBC and cancer marker test, I don't have results from the last cancer marker test, but do have them from CBC, and it shows Neu% and Neu #(ANC) both high.

Comment from: lbh0023, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: March 13

My CBC results showed that my monocytes, leukocytes, lymphocytes, neutrophils levels are all high for at least the last year.

Comment from: Cindy, Female (Patient) Published: November 02

I was having severe muscle spasms and cramps in my legs and sometimes in my hips, feet and ankle. I have had spinal stabilization surgery that left me with damage to my sciatic nerve. The doctor, and nurse practitioner had a blood count run and it shows I have GFR Estimate of 39 which means I am in the Chronic Kidney Disease zone, also something called 'K' is high. Creat is 1.4 and BUN is 28.