Patient Comments: Compartment Syndrome - Complications

Did you have complications related to compartment syndrome? Please discuss your experience.

Comment from: milogram, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 11

I got a staph infection in the hospital following fasciotomy surgery. I can no longer make a fist, raise my wrist/hand, bend my fingers – I have contracture. My thumb pulls inward, my hand is permanently disabled, and I almost needed amputation.

Compartment Syndrome - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with compartment syndrome?
Compartment Syndrome - Surgery Question: Please share your compartment syndrome surgery and recovery time.
Compartment Syndrome - Diagnosis Question: Describe the events that led to a diagnosis of compartment syndrome.
Compartment Syndrome - Treatment Question: What was your treatment or therapy for compartment syndrome? Did you require surgery?