Patient Comments: Color Blindness - Other Problems

Please describe any other problems associated with your color blindness.

Comment from: Zack, 19-24 Male (Caregiver) Published: July 15

My mother's side grandfather is red green colorblind and his trait fell to me (thanks genes!). I always have problems in video games where red and green objects are moving around. I also had a time where I grabbed a brown hoodie for St. Patrick's Day instead of a green one. I also learned that I can't be a fighter jet pilot or a welder (at least not at my job). These are the only real problems and I usually laugh it off with others if caught having problems.

Color Blindness - Cause Question: What was the cause of your color blindness?