Patient Comments: Colon Polyps - Treatments

What was the treatment for your colon polyps?

Comment from: Pianoman, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 18

I have been noticing my legs losing muscle for a while now. My primary care physician has sent me to many specialists, like rheumatologist, urologist etc. Finally he sent me to an orthopedic specialist to acupuncture my legs. He found by accident that I have a pinched nerve in my lower back but told me not to worry too much about it and see him in six months. I cannot believe his response. My lower body has been hurting me for months. I must get a second opinion. I am hoping I don't have permanent damage.

Comment from: Patient, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 17

I first had a colonoscopy 8 years ago with good results, no polyps. I went back today for my 50 year old screening and the doctor removed 16 polyps. I was told that they were benign and to repeat the procedure in 3 years.

Comment from: kangaroo, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 16

I am 63 and never had any problems. I took the bowel screen 2 years ago, it was negative. I took it again this year and it was positive in 3 samples. My general physician sent me for colonoscopy, this failed at 42 cm. Then I had a CT colonography on the same day and in this it showed something at 22 cm, not seen or missed under colonoscopy. Yesterday I had a flexible sigmoid and they removed a 35 mm pedunculated polyp. They say everything is good, I'm waiting to see the specialist.

Comment from: david, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: May 02

Colon cancer is a major killer, but why! I've had three procedures over the last few years. One, because of my age and to safeguard against the possibility of getting colorectal cancer. Secondly, because of constant constipation. Shortly after each procedure the constipation returned. I mistakenly thought that the doctor always removed the colon polyps, I was wrong. Next week I have to undergo another procedure and I hope I'm not going to be dead wrong. My new doctor informed me that he only removes them if he finds something, I don't know why. I get the uneasy impression that these doctors are in truth, cultivators of colon cancer. What do they do, allow them to grow until the patient has cancer, and then try to save the poor dupe's life! If you're going to have this procedure do yourself a favor. Never assume that your doctor is going to do the right thing for you. Find a hospital that removes polyps before you end up terminal. For them, the big money lies in chemotherapy, not in removal.

Comment from: BenThere55, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 04

I am female senior citizen. Always been very active exercise all the time. Just had a Colonoscopy last week and they found an Adenoma 18cm. I hemorrhaged afterward and was in terrible pain for 24 hours. I have a family history of colon cancer. I am concerned as my Gastroenterologist after Pathology report said do Colonoscopy in year is going with that. I have read numerous reports that with this type of Polyp you need to have a Colonoscopy in 3-6 months as some times it is hard to remove all of it. My Physician is resisting this. I am going for second opinion. Very distressed about this. Have lost 3 aunts and my sister has had malignant Polyps.

Comment from: Michael, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: April 12

I'm a 50-year-old male, a non-smoker, I play plenty of sports, eat fruits and vegetables, and am not overweight. I went in for a checkup and was totally surprised when the doctor found a 2-3 cm polyp, which he removed. I'm waiting for biopsy results, which will be available in about three days. The doctor wants me back within a year to remove the others under general anesthesia. I'm a bit worried at the moment.

Colon Polyps - Describe Your Experience Question: Did you have any of the risk factors for colon polyps at the time of your diagnosis? If so, what were they?
Colon Polyps - Diagnosis Question: Were your colon polyps diagnosed during a colonoscopy? What was the outcome?
Colon Polyps - Types Question: What type of colon polyp(s) were you diagnosed with, and what was the treatment?
Colon Polyps - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you have with colon polyps?