Patient Comments: Colon Polyps - Treatments

What was the treatment for your colon polyps?

Comment from: Pianoman, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 18

I have been noticing my legs losing muscle for a while now. My primary care physician has sent me to many specialists, like rheumatologist, urologist etc. Finally he sent me to an orthopedic specialist to acupuncture my legs. He found by accident that I have a pinched nerve in my lower back but told me not to worry too much about it and see him in six months. I cannot believe his response. My lower body has been hurting me for months. I must get a second opinion. I am hoping I don't have permanent damage.

Comment from: Patient, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 17

I first had a colonoscopy 8 years ago with good results, no polyps. I went back today for my 50 year old screening and the doctor removed 16 polyps. I was told that they were benign and to repeat the procedure in 3 years.

Comment from: kangaroo, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 16

I am 63 and never had any problems. I took the bowel screen 2 years ago, it was negative. I took it again this year and it was positive in 3 samples. My general physician sent me for colonoscopy, this failed at 42 cm. Then I had a CT colonography on the same day and in this it showed something at 22 cm, not seen or missed under colonoscopy. Yesterday I had a flexible sigmoid and they removed a 35 mm pedunculated polyp. They say everything is good, I'm waiting to see the specialist.

Comment from: BenThere55, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 04

I am female senior citizen. Always been very active exercise all the time. Just had a Colonoscopy last week and they found an Adenoma 18cm. I hemorrhaged afterward and was in terrible pain for 24 hours. I have a family history of colon cancer. I am concerned as my Gastroenterologist after Pathology report said do Colonoscopy in year is going with that. I have read numerous reports that with this type of Polyp you need to have a Colonoscopy in 3-6 months as some times it is hard to remove all of it. My Physician is resisting this. I am going for second opinion. Very distressed about this. Have lost 3 aunts and my sister has had malignant Polyps.

Comment from: jeny, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 05

I am a 38 year old who has had about 4 colonoscopies. With each test I have had at least 4 polyps removed non-cancerous. My symptoms were gas bloating constipation since a child. I had blood in my stool went to see a gastro md. Then since been doing a repeat exam every 2 years. No family history seems to be I'm the only one so far. I believe I was about 30 yrs. Old at the first visit with a gastro md. Early diagnosis is the true key to prevent colon cancer. Now I'm wondering if my children 1 who is 20yrs and 1 who is 12 yrs. I do know maroon blood is from the higher part of the colon and causes allot of concern whereas red blood is from the lower colon and could be many things.

Comment from: Michael, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: April 12

I'm a 50-year-old male, a non-smoker, I play plenty of sports, eat fruits and vegetables, and am not overweight. I went in for a checkup and was totally surprised when the doctor found a 2-3 cm polyp, which he removed. I'm waiting for biopsy results, which will be available in about three days. The doctor wants me back within a year to remove the others under general anesthesia. I'm a bit worried at the moment.

Comment from: Marian, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: February 01

I am a 74 year old female. I just had a colonoscopy done and they found 5 polyps. One was 20cm. The lab results came back and there were no cancer cells. The doctor wants a colonoscopy repeated in 3 months. I am just wondering if it is unusual to have it done in 3 months.

Colon Polyps - Describe Your Experience Question: Did you have any of the risk factors for colon polyps at the time of your diagnosis? If so, what were they?
Colon Polyps - Diagnosis Question: Were your colon polyps diagnosed during a colonoscopy? What was the outcome?
Colon Polyps - Types Question: What type of colon polyp(s) were you diagnosed with, and what was the treatment?
Colon Polyps - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you have with colon polyps?