Patient Comments: Colon Polyps - Treatments

What was the treatment for your colon polyps?

Comment from: Isimo, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 16

I had colonoscopy a year ago, and three polyps were found and removed. A few days later, I was told they were benign. I was told my next colonoscopy won't be until after five years.

Comment from: pt914, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 30

I just had a follow-up colonoscopy after removal of a 4 mm adenoma three years ago. This time a 12 mm serrated sessile adenoma was partially removed; the remainder was cauterized. I go back in a year. Otherwise healthy with good diet and moderate exercise.

Comment from: barbara, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: April 01

I am a 79 year old female. A recent colonoscopy found 2 polyps - adenoma. Both were removed at the time of the colonoscopy. Next colonoscopy will be in three years.

Comment from: jeffyann, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 23

Type of Polyps detected in Colonoscopy: Adenoma - Blanket Polyps Treatment: Right hemicolectomy with removal of lymph nodes and ileocecal valve.

Comment from: Grandma, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: May 24

What was the treatment for your Colon Polyps? I have had polyps in previous colonoscopies but last year there were 7 tubular adenoma. My sister died from colon cancer at 45. I am now 76 but I will get one every year now (if Medicare will pay for it) as that is not a pleasant way to die. I am in perfect health other than that. A lot of it is attitude and not worrying but being careful.

Comment from: winkie, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: January 20

I am a 77 year old male that had a Colon Polyp removed. The lab report showed it was benign. I will have another colonoscopy in 3 years.

Colon Polyps - Describe Your Experience Question: Did you have any of the risk factors for colon polyps at the time of your diagnosis? If so, what were they?
Colon Polyps - Diagnosis Question: Were your colon polyps diagnosed during a colonoscopy? What was the outcome?
Colon Polyps - Types Question: What type of colon polyp(s) were you diagnosed with, and what was the treatment?
Colon Polyps - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you have with colon polyps?