Patient Comments: Colon Polyps - Symptoms

What symptoms did you have with colon polyps?

Comment from: LS650, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: January 03

I had a FIT (fecal immunochemical´┐Żtest) as part of a routine physical when I turned 50. Despite no obvious symptoms, my FIT was abnormal. I underwent a colonoscopy and the doctor found three polyps, with one about a centimeter wide. Just waiting for the biopsy results now. If I'd waited until I'd had obvious symptoms, it could have been a different story.

Comment from: Bud21901, Male (Patient) Published: December 21

I started to see blood in 2015. I ignored it. In 2016 it got way worse. Blood, and bowel movements were horrible. I would have to pull off the road because I would get dizzy or feel faint. I would still ignore the symptoms. In my mind I didn't want my wife or kids to know I was vulnerable or weak, and not capable of providing. I finally scheduled a routine checkup, and let to doctor know. He scheduled me to a surgeon. I told the wife I had an issue and it was accepted. All this worrying for nothing. I went in, and they cut a 7 cm and a 2 cm polyp out, and I am back to work Monday. I feel amazing! I have been sick for over a year and refused to believe it. It became normal to be sick! There are millions of men out there living paycheck to paycheck just like me. They feel it's there duty to provide, and they will do it at all costs. Guys, get checked yearly, and if you feel like something is wrong don't ignore it. It's just not worth it. I was sick for 2 years, and made excuses the entire time. We are not invincible, and a few days' pay is worth making you feel 100 percent.

Comment from: Raju, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: January 14

I was found to have 8 polyps in the colon, after having colonoscopy. I am getting blood with stool almost all days.

Colon Polyps - Describe Your Experience Question: Did you have any of the risk factors for colon polyps at the time of your diagnosis? If so, what were they?
Colon Polyps - Treatments Question: What was the treatment for your colon polyps?
Colon Polyps - Diagnosis Question: Were your colon polyps diagnosed during a colonoscopy? What was the outcome?
Colon Polyps - Types Question: What type of colon polyp(s) were you diagnosed with, and what was the treatment?