Patient Comments: Colon Polyps - Types

What type of colon polyp(s) were you diagnosed with, and what was the treatment?

Comment from: Erin, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 22

I was 32 having some stomach issues when I had my first colonoscopy. The findings were two small tubular adenomas. The doctor never told me to return so I went 8 years and my then doctor said I should have had a follow up at 5 years. I then had a colonoscopy and they found more small tubular adenomas. Another 5 year follow up. I am now 50, have irritable bowel syndrome and am very lactose intolerant, which they found 18 years ago. I am due to have my next one in 4 days and I am a big lady and am terrified of cancer or bowel surgery. Scared I am running out of odds. I have never liked having to wait 5 years, I know some people that go at 3. I am afraid I won't live through surgery, I weigh 320 pounds. I am so scared I am thinking of cancelling the procedure. I have no family history of colon polyps because no one in my family would have a colonoscopy.

Colon Polyps - Describe Your Experience Question: Did you have any of the risk factors for colon polyps at the time of your diagnosis? If so, what were they?
Colon Polyps - Treatments Question: What was the treatment for your colon polyps?
Colon Polyps - Diagnosis Question: Were your colon polyps diagnosed during a colonoscopy? What was the outcome?
Colon Polyps - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you have with colon polyps?