Patient Comments: Colitis - Type

What type of colitis do you have?

Comment from: Pegwil, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 24

I had irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) for years, as a kid then as an adult, then I got C. difficile and ended up with bacteria associated C. difficile colitis. I"m also wheat and gluten intolerant, borderline celiac. So at times it can be a challenge, food is not always my friend. I manage well, but when it hits as it just did this past weekend it takes its toll on my whole system, then it"s a struggle to get it back into balance. I take Buscopan for the cramps, but rest is key.

Comment from: Charlotte, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 24

The results of my sigmoidoscopy and a colonoscopy were unspecified colitis! I had just recovered from C-difficile not long before that, so maybe that was the reason it couldn"t be pinned down. All I know is, it's painful and will hit when least expected!

Comment from: scareuh, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: August 20

I am 21 and I was recently diagnosed with focal active colitis. I didn't like the doctor I had so I didn't really ask him much. But, I was wondering what exactly is focal active colitis?

Colitis - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with colitis.
Colitis - Treatments Question: What was the treatment for your case of colitis?
Colitis - Symptoms Question: What were your symptoms of colitis?
Colitis - Diagnosis Question: How was your case of colitis diagnosed?