Patient Comments: Colitis - Diagnosis

How was your case of colitis diagnosed?

Comment from: Jane, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 05

I had a colonoscopy, and the doctor took a biopsy. The diagnosis was microscopic colitis.

Comment from: Giraffe, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: March 31

Twelve years ago I had 12" of colon removed because of diverticulitis. Now I have had diarrhea for 3 months. I had colonoscopy and endoscopy by gastrointestinal doctor. He put me on Lialda ($45.00} and Imodium; no help yet. He took me off Lialda temporarily. I am now on Entocort (3 ea. a.m.). They are samples. I cannot afford to fill another prescription. Hope it works for now. If not, I will go back on Lialda. He took me off omeprazole which I took for atrial fibrillation. He said it could cause diarrhea. I also went off pramipexole for restless legs, for same reason. I am 83 and have mild Parkinson"s for 9 years.

Comment from: Hungryy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 28

My colitis was diagnosed with colonoscopy, endoscopy and biopsy of tissue.

Colitis - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with colitis.
Colitis - Treatments Question: What was the treatment for your case of colitis?
Colitis - Symptoms Question: What were your symptoms of colitis?
Colitis - Type Question: What type of colitis do you have?