Patient Comments: Colitis - Symptoms

What were your symptoms of colitis?

Comment from: Jane, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 05

I had very bad diarrhea and abdominal pain for 3 months. I thought it was due to stress, but then I became dehydrated and ended up in the ER.

Comment from: shurleebear, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 05

I developed blood in the stool, bloating, sudden weight gain (10 lbs.), and malaise. I recently had flexible sigmoidoscopy. They had taken a biopsy because they suspected colitis.

Comment from: 55 year Female, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 29

It started four months ago. It started with blood from time to time and then I started having mucus in my bowel movements. I went recently and had a colon test and they said it was ulcerative colitis. I only just started taking a sample from his office of Asacol HD. But the bad part about it is I cannot keep taking it because I do not have the money for it.

Comment from: anearanz@hotmail, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: May 20

My symptoms of colitis included: bloating, cramps, constipation, gas, and even some bleeding.

Colitis - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with colitis.
Colitis - Treatments Question: What was the treatment for your case of colitis?
Colitis - Diagnosis Question: How was your case of colitis diagnosed?
Colitis - Type Question: What type of colitis do you have?