Patient Comments: Cold, Flu, Allergy - Treatments

What treatments did you use for your cold, flu, and/or allergies?

Comment from: Mark, Published: May 30

I was supervising the unloading of a distribution truck for a large home improvement chain. Three fourths of the way in freight of all types was just thrown in, when the crew backed out a large pallet the wall full of boxes fell and in the process a box of chemical fell breaking open 4 containers of a liquid later found to be Armstrong floor cleaner. Chem-Dry was applied, I immediately got chemical face mask, opened every door in the building, used fans to ventilate but was in the space for 1 plus hours. I had burning in the eyes, difficulty breathing and had a strong chemical odor in my breath. Over a period of several weeks, I was getting very fatigued. Doing simple things, very shallow breathing, sweating profusely, and light headed. A cough developed, pain in the upper center of my chest and no relief. The symptom continued and got worse, and I eventually had to seek doctor's treatment for my chemical pneumonia.

Comment from: Matthew, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: June 22

I have been having cold for some time now and really want to know what to do to save myself. Most of the medications prescribed are not effective. I have been using Procold and other medications i do not even know. What other natural ways can you help me out with.

Cold, Flu, Allergy - Symptoms Question: Please describe your cold, flu, or allergy symptoms.
Cold, Flu, Allergy - Diagnosis Question: Discuss your symptoms and any tests or exams that led to an allergy diagnosis.
Cold, Flu, Allergy - Cough Treatment Question: When you get a cough, what treatment or remedies help soothe your symptoms?
Cold, Flu, Allergy - Sore Throat Treatment Question: If you get sore throats, what treatment works best? Please share home remedies for treating a sore throat.