OVERDOSE: If overdose is suspected, contact your local poison control center or emergency room immediately. US residents can call the US national poison hotline at 1-800-222-1222. Canadian residents should call their local poison control center directly. Symptoms of overdose may include slow and shallow breathing, unusual sleepiness, dizziness, decreased pupil size, cold and clammy skin, difficulty hearing, ringing in the ears, headache, sweating, thirst, nausea, vomiting, and loss of consciousness.
NOTES: This medication is a potent pain reliever to be used only as directed by the person for whom it was prescribed. Do not share this medication with others.
MISSED DOSE: If you miss a dose, take it as soon as remembered; do not take it if it is near the time for the next dose, instead, skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule. Do not "double-up" the dose to catch up.
STORAGE: Store at room temperature between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 to 30 degrees C) away from heat and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep out of reach of children.
Last Editorial Review: 3/2/2005
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Back to Medications Index