Patient Comments: Coccydynia - Treatments

What was the treatment of your coccydynia?

Comment from: Beth98, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: December 11

Strong painkillers were prescribed for me from my doctor. In addition time and taking it easy have helped. Sitting on a few cushions also helps when you need to sit down.

Comment from: Stebbens, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: December 03

I've been 3 years in chronic pain form this coccydynia. I did the acupuncture with no relief. When I move I can feel it click to the right. I sit on a gel pad with no luck. I have had pain shots. What's next? I am out of options and look at a life time of pain. It kind of sucks as I cannot take inflammatory as I have stents and am on Plavix. My heart doctor says it is too risky for me to take so here I am a real pain in the backside looking for answers. I think there is none and removing it seems like it does not help or I would be the first to get this done. After three years I am just getting started with this chronic pain.

Comment from: Boxer579, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 30

I fractured my tail bone in 2008 and since have been diagnosed with chronic tailbone pain, I have been thru numerous cortizone injections, physical therapy and various medications and NOTHING takes the pain away. I'm currently taking two types of morphine, robaxin, mobic and celexa (depression) and are thinking about having it removed. No one understands the pain I have, it's constant and sometimes it's unbearable.

Comment from: tailbonepain1, 13-18 Male (Patient) Published: November 07

I am a 17 year old male and I have had constant tailbone pain for about four months. I have had multiple MRIs, X-rays, and a blood test. The doctor says everything looks fine. I have been to a chiropractor, orthopedist, and a pediatrician. Nothing seems to be helping. It seems that this pain is not going away and I have no idea what is wrong because nothing is showing up on any test. I have been living on six ibuprofen a day, with frequent icing and heating.

Comment from: Mags, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 14

I have had coccydynia pain for about 8 months and it started out of nowhere, and did not know what to do. A little after the pain started I had to take pain medication for a knee injury that I had and it kind of helped with the tail bone pain (this pain is only really bad when I sit) my knee pain is resolved, but this pain is getting worse. I saw my doctor and was told to go out and buy a donut cushion to relieve the pressure.

Comment from: Jasper80, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: January 23

I broke my tailbone in 2007. I have been on pain medications ever since (hydrochodone). I have tried shots, physical therapy, and different medications, but, nothing has worked. Earlier this month, January 2012, I tried accupuncture. I've cut the medicine down by 2/3 and I still have more accupuncture sessions to go! My next alternative was going to be surgery, but I'm hoping accupuncture is the solution.

Comment from: sara, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 20

I have never experienced this pain before and have been told that I have kyphosis of my coccyx I have received two injections with no relief and I am very discouraged because I do not know what to do next. I have been taking ibuprofen, diflocenac, robaxin nothing works I am so discouraged this is none stop burning, aching, throbbing pain.

Coccydynia - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with your coccydynia?