Patient Comments: Coats' Disease - Signs and Symptoms

What were the signs and symptoms of Coats' disease in someone you know?

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 21

My glasses broke in April of 2012. I was having some vision problems prior to that so went to the eye care center thinking all I needed was new glasses and maybe stronger ones, but immediately the doctor knew something was wrong because I was failing to see out of my right eye. I couldn't even see the big E with my right eye. She made me an appointment with an eye specialist for the following week and they did x-rays and that same day did a laser eye treatment to stop the bleeding in my right eye. My retinal blood vessel in my eye had been bleeding into my eye. Since then I had one more laser eye treatment and one shot in the eye and have been told not much can be done, just go for checkups to make sure it doesn't get worse again. I have only peripheral vision in the eye and am wearing bifocal glasses.

Coats' Disease - Progression Question: Describe the progression of Coats' disease in a friend of family member.