- Eye Diseases Pictures Slideshow
- Pink Eye Slideshow Pictures
- Eyes and Eye Conditions Quiz
- Patient Comments: Coats' Disease - Signs and Symptoms
- Find a local Doctor in your town
- What is Coats' disease?
- What are causes and risk factors for Coats' disease?
- What are symptoms and signs of Coats' disease?
- How is Coats' disease diagnosed?
- How is staging of Coats' disease determined?
- What is the treatment for Coats' disease?
- Can Coats' disease be prevented?
- What is the prognosis of Coats' disease?
- What research is being done on Coats' disease?
- Where can people with Coats' disease get support?
- Where can people get more information about Coats' disease?
Where can people with Coats' disease get support?
Due to its rarity, it is necessary to go to general vision-loss groups for support.
Since it is usually unilateral, the individual with Coats' disease is able to carry on a normal lifestyle with minimal disability. The ophthalmologist should be able to answer most questions and should know about any vision support groups which might be of help.
Where can people get more information about Coats' disease?
Some sources of information:
The Jack McGovern Coats Disease Foundation
Medically reviewed by William Baer, MD; Board Certified Ophthalmology
Coats, G. "Ueber Retinitis Exudativa (Retinitis Haem-orrhagica Externa)." Graefe's Arch. Ophthalmol. 81 (1912): 275-327.
Kansal, Rishav, Kiran Turaka, and Carol L. Shields. "Coats Disease: Classification and Treatment." Retina Today Apr. 2011: 55-56.
Manschot, W.A. and W.C. de Bruijn. "Coats' Disease: Definition and Pathogenesis." Br. J. Ophthalmol. 51 (1967): 145-157.
Morris, B., B. Foot, and A. Mulvihill. "A Population-Based Study of Coats Disease in the United Kingdom I: Epidemiology and Clinical Features at Diagnosis." Eye 24 Dec. 2010: 1797-1801.