Clotrimazole, (Lotrimin AF, Gyne-Lotrimin, Alevazol, Desenex, Pro-Ex Antifungal) is a drug prescribed to treat local fungal infections such as vaginal yeast infections, oral thrush, athlete's foot, and jock itch. Side effects, drug interactions, dosage, and pregnancy safety should be reviewed prior to taking this medication.
The term "ringworm" or "ringworms" refers to fungal infections that are on the surface of the skin. A physical examination of...learn more »
Jock itch is an itchy red rash that appears in the groin area. The rash may be caused by a bacterial or fungal infection. People...learn more »
In This Article
Jock Itch Article
- Jock itch facts
- What is jock itch? What does jock itch look like?
- What causes jock itch?
- Who gets jock itch?
- What are jock itch symptoms and signs?
- Does jock itch affect the entire body?
- How is jock itch diagnosed?
- Which physicians diagnose and treat jock itch?
- Is jock itch curable? Is jock itch contagious?
- What are possible complications of jock itch?
- What is the treatment for jock itch?
- What home remedy can I use for jock itch?
- What holistic jock itch treatments are available?
- How do I treat fungal jock itch?
- How do I treat bacterial jock itch?
- How is itching from jock itch treated?
- What is the best drug for jock itch?
- Why is my groin still discolored?
- What is the prognosis with jock itch?
- When should someone call a doctor about jock itch?
- Is it possible to prevent jock itch?
Athlete's foot (tinea pedis) is a skin infection caused by the ringworm fungus. Symptoms include itching, burning, cracking,...learn more »
In This Article
Sickle Cell Disease (Sickle Cell Anemia) Article
- Sickle cell anemia (SCD) facts
- What is sickle cell anemia?
- How is sickle cell anemia inherited?
- What conditions promote the sickling (distortion) of the red blood cells in sickle cell anemia?
- How is sickle cell anemia diagnosed?
- What are the symptoms and treatments of sickle cell anemia?
- What is the outlook (prognosis) for patients with sickle cell anemia?