Patient Comments: C. Difficile - Symptoms

What were your symptoms associated with C. difficile colitis?

Comment from: harlowette, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: November 07

I have had diarrhea for 5 months and then I cycle into constipation for 2 to 3 weeks and back to the diapers. I had a simple stool test performed and that is when they found I had difficile colitis. In the interim I got pneumonia and had to take antibiotics. I am just hoping the antibiotics won't overpower the medicine I am taking for the C-Diff and I lose my colon.

Comment from: Bubba, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: May 20

I have Crohn's, and also take Prozac, Wellbutrin, and other meds. The doctors have found a yeast infection in my stomach and in my mouth. Could this be a symptom of C. difficile colitis, or a side effect? The white patches I scrape off the roof off my mouth, there is no blood, but there are other symptoms I have to deal with. I've had period of high fever 101-103 F with the shakes, due to the fever making me cold or giving me hypothermia-type symptoms.

Comment from: jonny, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: March 15

Are there any foods that can trigger this ailment, like dairy?

C. Difficile - Diagnosis Question: How was your clostridium difficile colitis diagnosed?
C. Difficile - Share Your Experience Question: Please share your experience with C. difficile colitis.
C. Difficile - Antibiotics that cause it Question: Did antibiotics cause your C. difficile colitis? Which one(s) did you take?
C. Difficile - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment, including medication, did you receive for C. difficile colitis?