Patient Comments: C. Difficile - Share Your Experience

Please share your experience with C. difficile colitis.

Comment from: Jabbo, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: April 15

I had very watery diarrhea, lots of gas, and some pain. I spent lots of time in the bathroom. I had to drink lots of fluids to stay hydrated.

Comment from: Squibs, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: March 27

I've been taking Keflex for constant bladder infections and ended up with C. difficile. I was treated with metronidazole and was okay until another bout of bladder trouble, when I started Keflex again and ended up with colitis. After five days of constant diarrhea, I was hospitalized. They gave me more metronidazole. CT scans revealed a small amount of cancer in my bladder, which will be removed as soon as I am strong enough. Instead, I will not take antibiotics if I have more bladder infections, but will try a natural remedy.

C. Difficile - Diagnosis Question: How was your clostridium difficile colitis diagnosed?
C. Difficile - Symptoms Question: What were your symptoms associated with C. difficile colitis?
C. Difficile - Antibiotics that cause it Question: Did antibiotics cause your C. difficile colitis? Which one(s) did you take?
C. Difficile - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment, including medication, did you receive for C. difficile colitis?