clobetasol foam - topical, Olux
GENERIC NAME: CLOBETASOL FOAM - TOPICAL (kloe-BAY-ta-sol)
BRAND NAME(S): Olux
USES: Clobetasol is used to treat certain scalp and skin conditions (e.g., psoriasis, dermatitis, rash). Clobetasol reduces the swelling, itching and redness that can occur in these types of conditions. This medication is a very strong (super-high-potency) corticosteroid.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 4/16/2014
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Back to Medications Index
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions