clindamycin suppository - vaginal, Cleocin
GENERIC NAME: CLINDAMYCIN SUPPOSITORY - VAGINAL (klin-duh-MY-sin)
BRAND NAME(S): Cleocin
USES: This medication is used to treat a certain type of vaginal infection (bacterial vaginosis) in women who are not pregnant. Clindamycin is an antibiotic which works by stopping the growth of bacteria.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 4/16/2014
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Back to Medications Index
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions