Clindamycin phosphate (Cleocin T, Clindagel, ClindaDerm, Clindets, Evoclin) is an antibiotic that can treat several types of bacterial infections. The medicine works by interfering with the bacterium's ability to manufacture proteins.
Side effects include skin dryness, burning, itching, and redness.
Drug interactions, and pregnancy and breastfeeding safety information
should be reviewed prior to using this medicine.
Rosacea is a skin disease that causes redness of the forehead, chin, and lower half of the nose. In addition to inflammation of...learn more »
Impetigo is a contagious skin infection caused by staph and strep bacteria. There are two types of impetigo: nonbullous and...learn more »
Ingrown hairs may be caused by improper shaving, waxing, or blockage of the hair follicle. Symptoms and signs of ingrown hairs...learn more »
In This Article
Ingrown Hair Article
- Ingrown hair facts
- What is an ingrown hair?
- What causes an ingrown hair?
- Who develops ingrown hairs?
- What are symptoms and signs of an ingrown hair?
- Are ingrown hairs the same as razor bumps or pseudofolliculitis?
- What is the treatment for an ingrown hair?
- Are there any home remedies for an ingrown hair?
- Do ingrown hairs affect the entire body?
- How do health-care professionals diagnose an ingrown hair?
- Does diet have anything to do with ingrown hairs?
- What else could an ingrown hair look like?
- Is it possible to prevent ingrown hairs?
Acne is a localized skin inflammation as a result of overactivity of oil glands at the
base of hair follicles. This...learn more »
In This Article
Acne (Pimples) Article
- What is acne?
- What causes acne?
- What other skin conditions can mimic acne?
- When should someone start acne treatment?
- What can people do to get rid of their acne?
- What are other things you can do for acne? Are there any home remedies for acne?
- What is a good basic skin regimen?
- How does a doctor treat acne? Is it possible to remove acne scars?
- How would you summarize current-day acne treatment?