Patient Comments: Claudication - Pain

Please describe the nature of your claudication pain.

Comment from: Cjhooney, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

I had triple bypass and was told to walk 4 days a week. I really tried but experienced so much severe pain in my calves that I couldn"t go 1/2 mile. I have to sit for a few minutes to get the gripping pain to stop. If I push through the claudication pain, my ankles swell horribly.

Claudication - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms associated with claudication in you or someone you know?
Claudication - Treatment Question: What forms of treatment, including medication or surgery, did you or a relative receive for claudication?
Claudication - Diagnosis Question: How was your claudication diagnosed?